Agnostic.com

8 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is love and there is in love. I think men just want sex because it is their nature to be this way. Relationships keep failing when we get to a point of no longer sharing and then there is no growth together. In any relationship you have to know the other's needs. Maybe my ex and I were both too dominate. In the end the education goal was achieved but I am no longer a part of the picture. I miss her dearly but I have greater peace of mind.

Funny. Lately I've been thinking it might be good have a man just like that ....

She makes some good points, but just wondering why there can't be anything in between? Relationships run the gamut along a spectrum between strictly casual to committed soulmates; what two people are comfortable with is all that matters. The important thing is to be upfront and honest about it.

There's a lot of nice, flowery platitudes here, but this is a common theme to which my response is always, show.... don't tell.

Actions speak far louder than words, and this individuals actions show that the life they are manifesting for themselves demonstrates little of what they've put down on paper.

The words printed in this column are the derelict mantra of every single person who has ever stayed with the same guy that has regularly beat their ass for 15 years. They're the derelict mantra of every single person who has ever claimed that they want someone who is "reliable, honest and trustworthy", but continually invite men to their bed who perpetually demonstrate that they have no interest in an exclusive relationship. They're the derelict mantra of every single person who has ever claimed to want a "nice guy", but whose last seven boyfriends are all in prison for armed robbery or aggrivated assault.

And you can bet that somewhere in the picture there is some poor sad sack who fits the exact description of their supposed soul mate who has been carrying a torch for them for weeks, months or even years. You can also bet this person doesn't give that poor old sad sack the time of day when it comes to showing even the slightest inkling of romantic interest. This is the guy they go to so they can piss and moan about the dude they're actually sleeping with.

So when I read articles like this or similar social media posts, I take it with a grain of salt until the person who made the statement pays it more than just lip service.

trade ya....

Honesty is so refreshing. ☺

Just broke up with Greg because of the silent, wounding way he disappears for weeks at a time, right after hot, tender sex.

Last week was one of wins and two traumatic experiences. I wanted his support, to talk it over, to get his perspective. I realized what was missing in our relationship.

Although I repeatedly explained that I need more communication, nothing changes. Greg is unwilling to change his behavior. Obviously, he just wants sex.

The majority of women, including me, want a committed, loving relationship.

Actions speak louder than words.

@Ellatynemouth
Exactly.

Mainly playing devils advocate here.
I will preface it by saying I was deeply in love once and would have given almost anything for that relationship not to have died. Such seems to be rare though, I have loved other ladies but have been mostly single.
So, given the rarity of such love, how fleeting it can be, we can waste a lot of time chasing something that may just prove too elusive.

I have too many female friends, and far too many female acquaintances who want to be friends.
No intimacy they just want to spend time and do things together. Sounds wonderful doesn't it?
It can be great at times, but after a while it gets very frustrating and annoying.
These are women mostly between 45 and 65, they do not want a permanent man in their lives even though a couple say they do. They just want male company. Yes it's nice, and I enjoy having a lady to go for a drive with, have a coffee, see a movie.
But perhaps it is over rated.

Thankfully I have a couple of friends with benefits that I may only see once or twice a year, but I am so grateful for them and the intimate times we have occasionally.
So, when a lady tells me she wants to spend time, be friends but nothing more, and I pull back from the relationship I would be classified as one of the guys just wanting sex. It would not be entirely untrue in these cases.
Just throwing out a different perspective.

Some times people just pick emotionally unavailable people because they don't love themselves enough. There are plenty of men that want love, too. It's a pretty piece, though.

I agree with you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.