Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Book sales

I made an offhand comment earlier that astrology book sales were greater than for science books. In truth, it’s been years since I’ve been in a bookstore (though it was true then), so I thought I should check and see. From the posted link, there is NO science category, though the largest selling category by far is for bibles and religion. What a dismal state of affairs! Any better stats on this?

jerry99 8 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i think those pseudo science and homeophathy books are easier to read

According to a used book seller I know, women's romance novels, followed by detective stories, and sci-fi, are his fastest sellers.

What was the last science book that you bought?

I found a used copy of the Men of Mathematics by Bell at a library book sale. I also own multiple optics books including the one by Johannes Kepler.

A book on the Human Skeleton.

What was the last science book that you bought?

who buys books when we have youtube?

@MsDemeanour Are you serious ?. I have a kindle but much prefer a real book in my hands. I mostly buy from charity shops and then return them when finished unless I want to keep it as a reference book. Amazon is also good for cheap second hand books.

@Moravian oh how I mourn the day I gave my book collection away; to be replaced by a kindle. Yeah I prefer having a book in my hands, to take to bed. But I wouldn't be snuggling up to a science book. For science I would stick to the internet. For my crime or the classics it has to be a REAL book. Don't you love the smell of second hand book shops?

@MsDemeanour We don't have any second hand book shops around here but I did spend some time in a few in Edinburgh. there was one next door to a shop selling second hand vinyl albums. Between the two a great way to waste a few hours. As for reading in bed. Much better than any sleeping pill. Nothing too stimulating, maybe a serious science book, and when the book slips from your fingers switch of the light and into the land of nod.

@MsDemeanour love the smell of the second hand book store. That’s where all my money would go. Rather be in the second hand book shop than the pub or the bookies. Sadly, when I moved to Australia I couldn’t bring them so I gave them a friend so at least they live on in a good home

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.