Agnostic.com

15 1

Just saw on FB Arkansas's newly installed Ten Commandments monument it was destroyed less than 24 hrs ago, Sorry thought I had the pic but its worth discussion. Should they arrest the offenders?

sassygirl3869 9 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends if it was put on government/public or private property.

Tejas Level 8 Dec 29, 2017

It was at the state capitol, so on public property.

They should be charged doing what they did only makes others look bad it inly takes a small percent unfortunately

Which offenders are we talking about, those who erected the monument or the one who destroyed it?

Lol

I agree with most of the posts here. The offenders should be charged.

Even though I don't agree with the monument , including the fact that I don't think that it was legal, I think they should absolutely be prosecuted. You can't just take the law in to your own hands, Especially if nobody is in immediate danger.

I am against crime... even if that crime may advance my agenda... we can't allow moral vigilantes or zealots going around doing their thing.

After looking at the link I see several glaring errors. The monument is unconstitutional and many of these symbols have had to be removed after FFRF sued.

This country is not governed by majority; it is ruled under a Constitution.

What part of the ten commandments do our laws follow? Our legal system came from the code of Hammurabi not some burning bush.

Thanks @JackPedigo for your words of wisdom.

I want to apologize to everyone for screwing up on the date-the article was from December and it happenned in June 2018-They are suing the guy who ran his car into it-

@sassygirl3869 June 2017 sorry

@sassygirl3869 I have been a member (after-life member) for a while. Most of my information comes through them.

The legislators who voted for it should volunteer to be crucified in place of a replacement memorial.

Nice solution. Don't think it'll get up though.

Watch the atheists get blamed for this!

this must be the replacement which was destroyed according to @bryan1079,

Breaking: LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — The Arkansas Capitol Arts and Grounds Commission has approved of design plans in erecting a new Ten Commandments monument outside of the state capitol building after a mentally ill man destroyed the first Decalogue display earlier this year with his car.
According to the Associated Press, four concrete posts will be installed as protective barriers around the monument to help prevent a repeat of the June incident. The monument has again been funded with private donations, including the $25,000 donated by the faith-based entertainment company PureFlix. [christiannews.net]

Sorry@ bryan1079 I apologize-the article was about the commission suing the guy who destroyed it in June.

'“The placement of the monument under this section shall not be construed to mean that the State of Arkansas favors any particular religion or denomination over others,” S.B. 939 read in part.'

What a load of a crap.

The crime would probably be vandalism and destruction of public property (or something similar). Yes, even though they destroyed something that many did not want displayed, what they did was a crime. I'm not sure if they'd necessarily be arrested. I think it would depend on the severity of the crime. They might only be fined.

But, even if displaying the monument was wrong, it's still wrong to answer a crime with another crime.

thanx @bingst I screwed up on the timeline-June 2017.

The list is incomplete anyway and immoral so even though I don't condone the destruction, I understand.

I am not offended by the, so called, offenders. I think a public service award would be in order.

That's what I was thinking. He should be given an award. Or maybe a statue? 😛

IMHO, no. And if they are arrested they should not be prosecuted.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.