Agnostic.com

10 0

LINK Conspiracy Theorists, and the Harm They Do

From 9-11 to Sandy Hook, the paranoid and divisive view of the world that conspiracy theories promote has been gaining in popularity since the first false “facts” about President Kennedy’s death became widely accepted. Perhaps if we can educate people about what actually happened to JFK and how conspiracy theorists have deliberately lied about it, we can also get the general public to better see the lies (aka “fake news&rdquo😉 of today. That may be overly optimistic but one thing I know for certain is that no society has ever been made great by abandoning truth.

zblaze 7 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only just yesterday I found out that it was the Ukranians who shot down the Siberia Airlines Flight 1812, not the Russian backed separatists. So yes, the news can be and is effectively manipulated.

The JFK assassination is more credibly assigned to the CIA than to Oswald. See:

The Magic Bullet is indeed proof, along with the wholly improper autopsy.

UFO's and the disinformation campaign from the deep state are well established:

Also see the Condign Report and the Cometa Report.

The collapse of Building 7 which was 'pulled' (a detonics term) and the identical planned hijack exercise and non-working Pentagon cameras persuasively argue for a false flag conspiracy. The nonsensical fake conspiracy theories positing the Israelis being involved indicates the same deep state assholes who pump out disinformation on UFO's were tapped to do the same for 9/11.

Sandy Hook happened as reported by the MSM.

It's hard to accept much of anything at face value anymore and government conspiracy theories are the hardest to accept as being without any grounds because the 'evidence' provided to counter the conspiracy theory is always from the government. We have become desensitized to the lies that we are bombarded with every day from government spokespeople, to the point that we just shrug our shoulders when we hear a small lie and barely get upset when they try to jam a whopper lie down our throats. The NY Times recently stated that they expect a CIA backed coup against the new Social Democrat President of Mexico within the year and people just nodded in agreement. No country has the right to assassinate a democratically elected leader of another country just because it doesn't suit their requirements, that's a totalitarian approach to government not a democratic one so take off the white hat and put on the black hat if that's how America wants to act in the world. By the same token it is hard not to have conspiracy theories popping up when the government gets caught doing something underhanded and just lies about their involvement, deny, deny, deny is the new normal and it shakes my confidence in democracy to hear it.

People who don't believe the U.S. government is capable of SOME of these things, even after being proven wrong time and time again, figuratively scare me.

The U.S.'s march to the Middle East war against Russia, China, and Iran's oil business is perfectly valid sans 9/11. That's sarcasm.

Those who don't even consider other views are the looney ones to me. And I don't believe in most conspiracy theories either. People have a way of dismissing even slight criticism and shutting down conversation with two little words, "Conspiracy Theorist/Theory".

I suspect conspiracies are the result of lazy minds.

IDK, Until a fully fueled 747 is deliberately flown into a 110 foot skyscraper, and disappears/melts into the tower completely, with a resulting absolute collapse and disintegration of of the entire building; I will not accept or believe a fucking word of the Official report of what occurred on 9/11/2001. I believe that Zionist Israel changed the world on that day.

zblaze Level 7 June 23, 2018

@Commonsense I've read it, and IMO they failed miserably. Have you seen what a freaking bird strike does to a 747? There is no way they melted into the towers like they showed on TV. I think they were missiles, and even they didn't bring two 110 story (not "foot" ) buildings down by themselves.

It's funny how many people can easily see through the conspiracy theories that they don't subscribe to. If you don't believe it, it's a conspiracy theory, but if you do it's a cover-up.

I know there are times when the government has used conspiracy theories to its benefit, but before you call it a cover-up, you have to consider how many people would be in on the secret and the odds against that many people keeping quiet.

JimG Level 8 June 22, 2018

I think the "9/11 Truther" movement prevented us from learning the actual truth about 9/11. I even honestly speculate about whether the whole "Truther" movement thing was a government setup itself. Not for the obvious reasons but to deflect attention while the "real people who mattered" acted.

I disagree.

No doubt, there are some conspiracy theory nut cases out there (illuminati, 9/11, Roswell, aliens, trauma actors, etc.) and then there are some government cover ups like TWA flight 800, which has conveniently been renamed a conspiracy theory instead of a cover up.

As for JFK. He threatened to abolish the CIA.

It's simplistic to label every single conspiracy theory nonsense. 'Fake News' and 'Conspiracy Theory' serve as useful invalidators.

[rd.com]

So, are you implying that Kennedy's murder was in fact a CIA plot? Because ALL the evidence points to Lee Harvey Oswald as the sole actor in that shooting. No conspiracy.

See "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner for an exhaustive treatment.

@Paul4747

I really don't know. Governments lie. The CIA have been crawling round the world meddling in everything. I'm more likely to believe CIA/mafia assassination, because they had reason to want him gone.

It's pointless speculating.

People need to care about intellectual integrity, truth, and have decent evidential standards.

They don't.

Too bad, so sad.

So one has to do something about all those lies that the US has told to the world so they could start wars. Those are conspiracies in themselves. And big ones too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113113
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.