Agnostic.com

5 2

Slowing of time

Time does anybody experience time slows down I feel like I've been up forever and it's only 4 in the afternoon

James1403 5 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many things can change our perception of time. As someone else said, meditative practices or focusing our attention can change our perceptions of time.

It goes in the opposite direction you are talking about but many people feel that time moves faster as they get older because each passing day/month/year is always an ever smaller fraction of the time you have been alive.

Have not heard one of the planets or sun could be adding some drag to our planet warping configuration.

azzow2 Level 9 June 22, 2018

Yes, people can slow time perception at will, such as in meditation, for example.

When I was growing up, I would mentally slow time when playing sports to see what direction the baseball or ping-pong ball was spinning so I could unwind it, and to give me time to hit the ball. I also imagined the basketball hoops being so huge, I couldn't miss.

I did this instinctively, and later read that all great sports stars do this.

That’s called “being in the zone” 🙂

when did you get up

btroje Level 9 June 22, 2018

Depends on how well you slept,or didn't the night before, REM(Rapid Eye Movement) is supposedly the deepest,restful sleep,when dreams occur. Have you considered some Melatonin tablets before bed next time? The over the counter sleep medication ZzzQuil will knock you out for many hours,I've used both during my late wifes cancer fight,otherwise I'd be a zombie.

I've tried everything that there is for sleep I'm just damn glad that I don't have any obligations except to just be nice to me and I'm learning how to treat myself good

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113295
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.