Agnostic.com

7 14

Three younger boys were busy arguing about which one of them had a smart father.

The first boy said, "My father is smart. Just imagine he writes only a few words on the paper and calls it a song and he gets $500 for it."

"That's not much," said the second boy, "my daddy scribbles very few words on paper. He calls them a poem and he gets $800 for it."

The third boy laughed and said, "you call that smart? I get you both beat. My daddy calls the few words he scribbles on paper a sermon and it takes at least five people to collect all the money for him."

ElementX74 6 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And maybe that is why my oldest sister is an ordained minister and I am atheist.

The 3 clerics were discussing how the collection from the service was divvied up - the catholic priest "All goes to god",
The protestant "10% goes to the archdiocese and the rest remains in the parish for all our expenses" and the rabbi "I throw the collection in the air, what god wants he takes, and I keep the rest."

@FrayedBear Wish I was there to tell the rabbi... this is a jesus follower only collection.

@GipsyOfNewSpain perhaps your GPS needs recalibrating? ????????????????????

@FrayedBear I got there late... got distracted by a nun that needed a shave.

LOL that was great

Lol

Wow now that was funny. I haven't had a good chuckle in a long time thanks. This made my day.

This is gold hahaha

That about "sums" it up .... Pun fully intended !

Gimme, gimme, gimme

Greed in the church. Money money money.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.