Agnostic.com

36 1

What are your thoughts about euthanasia?

GoldenDoll 7 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel we should look after our own kiddy’s first. Then worry about youth in Asia, ???? Seriously though, if you wanna die it should be illegal to stop you. Simple as that . No one lives your life. Only you.

A fine line between helping and murder.

There are worse things than death and I have put my fare share of loved dogs down in tears.I would of done the same for my dad and sister if I could of when they were very ill.if I can't wipe my own ass I don't think I want to be here either.

I believe that if someone is just depressed, society should do everything to help and treat that person. However if someone is terminally ill, or near the end of life and is suffering than that person should be allowed to make that decision and leave this earth with dignity. I certainly do not want to be kept alive with feeding tubes and drugs.

Should be a basic human right.

If you have reached a stage of no return and further living is going to be physically very painful. Yes.

"What is the measure of a man". Inuits took walks on the ice when they could no longer participate in the tribe. Suicide is wrong because...why...a person does not own that choice for themselves? Bravado to fight desperate battles against incredible odds? Society commits capital punishment...taking a life in the name of justice or "just reward". The headstones with empty names having more weight than the beating heart of the unborn. We do not have the maturity to morally kill someone.

I am completely for it! After watching my grandmother suffer for years with Alzheimer’s and dementia, I feel it is what is best in situations where there is no longer a quality of life.

Like anything, it could be abused. An unethical son wanted to speed up the demise of his mother to gain her inheritance, for example. Any system involving euthanasia would have to be strictly monitored, rules put into place, judged on a case by case basis. I definitely agree that for someone dying a painful or humiliating death, with no hope of recovery, the humane thing to do is respect their wish to die.

For someone without the mental capacity to make the decision, it becomes more difficult of course.

And then there would be young, healthy people with severe depression or mental disorders, what if they wish to die? I haven't thought about this enough yet to have an opinion.

When my cat was old and cancer took hold, I took her to the vet and she died peacefully before she began to suffer. If I'm ever in the same situation, I hope someone will show me the same kindness.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

My main fear is that it would become an affordable option on health insurance, as opposed to more costly treatment. And what would the limits be? Someone who was tired of eczema? End stage terminal disease I would say yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.