Agnostic.com

13 11

LINK Quiz: What's Your Sense of Humor? -- Science of Us

"Affiliative humor means cracking jokes, engaging in banter, and otherwise using humor to make others like us. Self-enhancing humor is an optimistic, coping humor, characterized by the ability to laugh at yourself or at the absurdity of a situation and feel better as a result. Aggressive humor is characterized by sarcasm, teasing, criticism, and ridicule. Self-defeating humor is attempting to get others to like us by putting ourselves down. See for yourself which category best describes your own sense of humor (though it’s important to note that the lines between humor styles aren’t hard and fast, however, nor are the categories mutually exclusive — everyone’s individual sense of humor is a unique combination of all four styles)."

Stacey48 8 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aggressive. So in other words, I'm an asshole. ...actually now that I think about it, that might be why I troll online.

Katrik Level 7 June 24, 2018

YOUR RESULTS

You have a mostly affiliative sense of humor.

Everyone's sense of humor is a mix of all four styles, but yours leans most heavily toward affiliative, meaning you're good at cracking jokes and trading banter to build connections with other people.

Agamic Level 6 June 23, 2018

All at one time or another.

Marine Level 8 June 23, 2018

I have a mostly affiliative sense of humor. So there you have it. ?

Without taking the quiz, I'm going to say "aggressively self-defeating"...

You have a mostly self-enhancing sense of humor.

Everyone's sense of humor is a mix of all four styles, but yours leans most heavily toward self-enhancing, meaning you know how to laugh at yourself (in a way that makes you feel better, not worse) and find the humor in any situation.

azzow2 Level 9 June 23, 2018

Being 'affiliative' fills me with an uncomfortable sense of belonging.

i have a mostly affiliative sense of humour.

Everyone's sense of humour is a mix of all four styles, but yours leans most heavily toward affiliative, meaning you're good at cracking jokes and trading banter to build connections with other people.

@Stacey48 just like me lol

?

Coldo Level 8 June 23, 2018

No surprise. I'm pretty totally affiliative: meaning you're good at cracking jokes and trading banter to build connections with other people. That's the type of work I've chosen. As a care manager, I'm walking into others' private spaces daily, asking invasive questions and expecting answers. One has to be able to put others at ease quickly. Nice post, Stacey48.

I use self-deprecating humour. And I love black humour and irony.

affiliative says the quiz

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.