Agnostic.com

33 6

QUESTION Having seperate bedrooms: Would you be open to this?

I am. It's an arrangement I would prefer. There are numerous benefits. But I'm curious what other members think about having separate bedrooms.

Here's another article from a male perspective, although it's not as detailed as the article I linked above.

[psychologytoday.com]

VictoriaNotes 9 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love the idea and if I ever got into a live in relationship Id insist on it.

My romantic life love and I have not shared a bedrm for many years. Our lives are considerably differant, and being a very early riser (thats me) and the other being a night person, its just not conducive. As she says "damn it, sometimes I don't even fuckin like you". So we share a bed to share a "hug" when we feel the urge, or to cuddle for that "all over" wonderful feeling, and occasionally we wake up together.

I would certainly be open to this. I've slept on my own for most my life, I find sharing a bed irritating, it probably increase chances of bed bugs, makes you sweaty, you can wake each other up and probably a lot more unhealthy factors if I look into it. Basically I like my own space when I sleep.

I'm opened to it as well. I hadn't previously thought of this choice, but I could see it solving a lot of problems.

My wife and I had separate beds for years meeting for romance or just to cuddle. Later in our Marriage we had a one bedroom apt so we shared a Queen.

I’d be open to a divorce too.

This separate bedrooms lifestyle has potentials. ...intimates would need frequent intentional negotiations before doors are closed as opposed to instant pillow talk proximity. ....cat or dog allergies could be managed this way for those who sleep with SERVICE ANIMALS. ...however if my future mate requires this rather than a new experiment, a history of concerns may yet to be discussed during our courtship. ....maybe a 3rd common bed could be kept decorated as mutually agreed upon ?

I think everyone finds a balance of doing both sleeping together and apart. Some might sleep separately on a lazy-boy, or on the couch, because they don't sleep enough when cohabiting a bed. I enjoy both, but wouldn't want to do either exclusively. Sometimes you just need the whole bed to yourself, and sometimes you love the company.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1140
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.