Agnostic.com

6 2

Are there any classical music buffs out there? It has been my favorite genre since I was first introduced to it as a fourth grader--a long time ago. I enjoy it now more than ever, although I listen to other types as well, but 80% of my listening is classical. Yes, I have often been teased and seen as an outcast. I can live with it.

tioteo 8 Dec 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am mostly into super-hard rock these days, but I do like classical occasionally. I find that my tastes have changed over the years, however. I've tired of the old warhorses for the same reason I've tired of classic rock--overplaying--and moved on to composers such as Penderecki and Gorecki.

That's me. I've seen Rob Zombie, Korn, Slipknot, Def Leppard (that one armed drummer is is the life the show), 311, Papa Roach, and quite a bit more I'm forgetting right now. That energy you cannot get anywhere else - the thrashing at abmetal concert. Makes me feel somewhat young again, LOL.

@Mandrake981 Hey, man, I got 23 on you, so I guess that makes me The Angry Old Man. It's fun, though--in the last few years, I've seen such acts as Ministry, the Black Angels, and NIN (twice). That's an impressive list you have!

@BikerDude50 - your list is impressive as well. I just know that they are a LOT of fun, and I plan on going to a lot more.

Oh! And I forgot - met the guys of Breaking Benjamin - as a matter of fact, my profile photo is us there (my brother and I - I bought the tickets and had originally asked my ex wife to go - it's her favorite band - and since we had never gotten to see them while we were married, I figured I'd treat her. She ended up backing out the day of the show, so my brother filled in and we went to see them). They put on a great show as well (and sound as good in person as playing their album).

Oh, and have seen Smile Empty Soul and the guy who was Hinder's lead for years as well... ????

@BikerDude50 - oh, and I've seen Mushroomhead in concert too. They put on one hell of a show. We were close enough we were just about feeling the water droplets from their drums (you would have had to have been there - awesome show!).

Ilisten to classical music every day. Favorite composers include Copland, Stravinsky, Sebelius, Max Bruch, Beethoven, Liszt, Schumann, and many others.

I've never taken classes and I can't carry a tune in a bucket but my music player has maybe 20% classical. My favorite composers are Respighi and Debussy. Also I like more modern instrumentals. I'm a big fan of Vangelis and Jean Michel Jarre.

Sometimes when i am making a post I get stuck trying to find the right adjectives .But I think classical music is : glorious,triumphant,thrilling,sombre,solemn,dramatic,uplifting,brilliant, intense.How did civilization go from this to rap music which is : annoying,repetitive,repulsive,corrosive, hateful,obscene and illiterate

Oh yes, but a rather narrow range of composers and types. Not at all moved by 'experimental' pieces. Haydn, Mozart, J.S. Bach, Brahms, Boccherini, Beethoven, and I like a little Wagner on occasion, but rare. I'm not much on opera, though I have to admit that anything by Beverly Sills will hold my attention. My musical tastes are rather eclectic, but I do love many of the classics.

I listen to it on occasion - along with new age, rock, hard rock, and metal. Been to at least 30 concerts, as well as a couple symphonies. It's not my default, but yes, on occasion it's what I need...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11411
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.