Agnostic.com

20 10

Anyone else pissed off at income inequality?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes!!

If a revolution begins, all the money of the rich will disappear. Read up on the French Revolution of 1776 (plus or minus a few years).

xyz123 Level 7 June 25, 2018

There will always be some level of income inequality. As their should be. A janitor should not make as much money as a CEO.

That being said, what we have going on today is way out of control. When 1% of the population holds more wealth than they could possibly spend in five lifetimes even if they never worked again while 99% can't even feed their families and pay their bills, something is seriously amiss.

There was a time not so long ago when anyone who was willing to work hard and play by the rules could at least own a modest home, drive a modest vehicle, put food on the table for their family and take a nice vacation once a year.

i am pissed off at a system that is rotten to the core, stinking to high heaven. income inequality is but a small part of it.

I'm not sure what pisses me off most: income inequality or the sheer number of people on the wrong end of it who are content to let it continue provided junk food is cheap and there's some mind-numbing shit on television.

Jnei Level 8 June 24, 2018

Absolutely, income inequality is what is causing all the unrest in the world, as it has so many times before in the history of our world.

But we never seem to learn as a human race, since we keep doing the same things over, and over, and over again, each time expecting better outcomes. Does that mean the human race is functionally insane? Einstein suggests that might be the case.

But Capitalism isn't the problem, that's just diverting responsibility, something the current American President does so very well. Capitalism is just a system which humans have again perverted for their own nefarious needs. But we keep electing those who merely pad their own nests, and the scam continues. So can the responsibility for income inequality rest on the shoulders of the politicians and scammers, or is it our fault for buying the bullshit and electing those who just continue using us.

Is it ultimately the voters, and the non-voters who keep choosing the worst possible leaders? Is it really our fault that we keep electing the wrong people? Are people afraid to demand competence and honesty because so many voters are neither? Are voters electing those people who mirror who they are?

Or, is that humans are still not ready to effectively live with democratic political systems as the Greeks suggested so long ago, and as many have repeated since?

Education is the key, and even though we know that, we seem to spend more of our money, and I include our governments in this, on guns and toys instead of educating our voters; is it that our priorities have become so screwed up that we've become susceptible to the scam artists we seem to keep electing?

I believe in the democratic systems, i believe in systems which serve the people first, and everything else prioritized after the people have been taken care of. In my perfect world, government's fundamental purpose is to serve the people. How to do that is where we get into the quicksand.

No answers, lots of questions, and some intuitive insights which make me believe in functional democracy.

I grew up in an upper middle class immigrant Holocaust survivor family. My father struggled so i could have the perks he though in would need to succeed. And the greatest perks he bequeathed me was the education i needed to become the person i wanted and needed to be. And i did, but success never meant money for me, even though i always had more than i could ever spend. No more. I have adopted a minimalist life style and only keep and own what i need (except for trinkets and memorabilia LLOL).

So the first truth i've accepted is that if a government doesn't take care of its people, all of its people, than it's dysfunctional and must be subjected to serious therapy. The second truth for me is that everything else a government does must be measured against the first principle. Maybe we need to get back to basics instead of buying all the bullshit. I wish my crystal ball would clear up so i could see how this story ends. But it's almost 10am and i still haven't had breakfast so that's first. LLOL

Here are two truths we all need to think about if we want positive change.

The Human Rights Council in Geneva Denounces US income Equality.

[pbs.org]

one of the uglier results of capitalism.

What bothers me is that, as an individual, I paid more in income tax last year than GE, United, Xerox, GM, Weyerhouser, American Airlines, Hewlett-Packard, PG&E, Verizon, E-trade and Amazon.... combined. I think if corporations are going to be allowed to "buy" elections, they should be the ones footing the bill to run the government in the form of taxes, not me.

♥♥♥

Very much so. People are literally dying.

Does a bear have hair??🙂🙂

No! As far as gender-based inequality is concerned, it is a myth promoted by unscrupulous people with an agenda to promote.

I remember Mitch McConnell telling someone complaining about not having the health insurance that the senator did. McConnell crassly replied "Then get a job with the federal government," So I did. Pay parity & massive benefits which I enjoy to this day. However I suffered the slings & arrows of male contempt in the beginning, tho I won them over. Then before that horrible president Bill Clinton signed the sexual harassment laws, I had to fight that battle on my own. So being labeled a troublemaker by management, I made lots of trouble for them. Used their own rules to win every battle that they picked with me. Laughing last & living large as those that picked a fight with me suffered by their own hand. Toot toot toot. That is my own horn. Winning!

I AM!!! Average wage hasn't increased since 1973, but CEO pay has expanded to 400 times the pay of the average worker. The US is no longer a democracy, it is an oligarchy. it is the reason for the major problems now facing the average citizen; high cost of health care, unfair and unequal taxation, and high cost of college.

yep, it will be the end of our civilisation, and the degree of inequality is increasing as a rapid pace.

I AM!!! Average wage hasn't increased since 1973, but CEO pay has expanded to 400 times the pay of the average worker. The US is no longer a democracy, it is an oligarchy. it is the reason for the major problems now facing the average citizen; high cost of health care, unfair and unequal taxation, and high cost of college.

I've met numerous women on dating sites that say the same, can't say I don't blame them, same work, for same pay. Too bad the Repubs outlawed unions.

sure. It is never going to be solved in my working lifetime

btroje Level 9 June 23, 2018

Nah, no longer working even if still got income. I simply don't get pissed and surely never about Money!!!! Does not means there is not a problem.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.