Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK If FL Town Bends Rules for Orthodox Jews, Satanist Will React with “Giant Dongs” – Friendly Atheist

Go Satanic Temple do it, do it, do it!!!
Mayor Keith London said waiving the rules for the eruv would set the city up for other religious requests that might not be so tame.
“If we open up public property for one, we open up public property for all,” he said during a recent meeting. “I’m not comfortable with opening it for all.”
That alone is good reasoning. But the city officials have another reason to avoid giving Orthodox Jews an exemption from the law: Chaz Stevens is waiting in the wings.
Stevens is a local Satanic activist who has erected Festivus poles and Distress-ivus poles (that look like Donald Trump). He’s placed an image of an upside-down butt-plugged Jesus outside a local city hall. He hired someone to wear a costume of a giant phallus with Trump’s head before a presidential debate.
He’s a provocateur. And the potential eruv means he’s coming up with his own alternatives: Stevens said he plans to “come to town with a platoon of giant dongs” should the eruv win approval, one for each of the nine poles.

Lukian 8 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It does annoy me when theism is prioritised.

Love it.
Here is a ridiculous example. My niece went to Columbia university in ny and I visited her on a Saturday. She is very religious and I am not. I said I understand you can’t move around because there is no eruv (fence or enclosure). She says there is an eruv around campus. I don’t see it. She points to string or wire around the telephone poles. Can we say they make this up as they go along

jab60 Level 6 June 24, 2018

yes we can.

Both sides portray how ridiculous religion is.

Notice the mayors words, “I’m not comfortable with opening it for all.” Opening to HIS ilk is ok but not to anyone else. Satanist know how to rumble in these situations and take it to the limit.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114521
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.