Agnostic.com

18 3

Are Women Equal to Men or More Superior?

sassygirl3869 9 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say equal but different in some important ways. A study came out that women police were far better able to talk a bad situation down whereas most male cops quickly resorted to violence. Women leaders tend to be more understanding and less extreme than men (there are plenty of exceptions, though, and women conservatives (and some liberals) are as bad as their male counterparts.

It is my understanding that women have different connections between their brain hemi-spheres and tend to use both halves whereas men favor one side. I have seen many studies showing both have strengths and weaknesses over the other.

The way things have been going over the millennia I think it is high time to give more women power (and they are slowly taking it).

Women are clearly "more superior" in grammar.

Haha. Isn't there a name for such statements--i.e., for ones that SHOW what (or SHOW the opposite of what) they state? For example, "This sentence don't need no correcting," SHOWS that it does need correcting. And I take it that Advocate, who uses "more superior," speaks as a male. Very clever!

@Wallace If there is i'd like to know about it. Something like self-fulfilling prophecies and self-referential paradox.

The question is incomplete. Are women superior in ... what exactly?
Since biologically we are too different, we would need to measure all aspects (physical strength, intelligence, agility, fast thinking, ability to solve problems, tolerance to fear/pain/weather/stress, sight, attention to details, reflects, etc) But such study would make most people offended, the death of any scientist's career.

People don't want to really find out the truth.

(not saying any gender is superior, I don't know because investigating such subject is almost forbidden)

Remember the big Jack Nickelson remark on the movie "A Few Good Men"? ("You can't handle the Truth" ).

I always used to believe women and men were equal, but as I'm getting older I'm definitely starting to think women are superior!

Jnei Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Women, as a group, deserve rights or opportunities in measures equal to those of men's. And I feel that women are AT LEAST AS worthy and valuable as men!

This is not about legality or rights, bro. This is about superiority, don't white knight on this subject.

I"m not "white knighting", and I stand by what I said.

Seems to be a mixed opinion on this subject I’d say yes we are all different in most aspects but surely Man is no greater than woman and likewise no woman is greater than man

When I said "at least as good", I meant that kind of as a joke. I agree that as a group, men and woman are equal. Whether one is a woman or a man, doesn't really bear on their value as human beings.

I would say that yes women are equal to
Men even though in physical sense men are stronger

Usually, perhaps. A US female friend of mine is her state's powerlifting champion - she could probably lift you and I with one hand! 😉

If you go by numbers, yeah men are stronger. No one can really argue about that

Way too many variables involved - in both gender, and then in individuals of whatever gender, to make that call.

Each group has it's own strengths and weaknesses. Humans -all.

Equal but different.

Men and women have many similar and many different traits, but the combination of a great man and a great woman is unbeatable.

Of course, this is just the rambling of an old heterosexual male and I know these are sweeping generalisations. And for balance, I should add that I know several same sex couples who complement each other beautifully too.

By what standards? The sexes evolved so that one sex might be superior to the other at different tasks or skills.

They're certainly more prone to using redundancy 😉

Good one, mate

What is equality? Each person is unique in their abilities and should be valued and respected as such. It would be difficult to find two truly equal people because no two people are the same. However, equality existing in pay, work and how one treats another should reflect as equitable.

Boxes Level 3 Dec 30, 2017

I thought Mr. Golding's quote was misogynistic in that it implied a woman's place is in the home.

Housekeeping, cooking, and making babies.

I think each gender or variation thereof has value just on who they are, not superior or inferior, just different and deserving of respect.

My genitals/ DNA doesn't make me better or less than any other person.....my abilities and knowledge do....also youbsont define what you mean by "better" better at what?

women have different abilities than men because society tells us that.
my answer to the question is women or men are equal because both sexes can learn to do what the other sex does if they want to.

dc65 Level 7 Dec 30, 2017

Equal? Certainly not. Superior? I wouldn't know how to measure that in general and there are so many categories. A novelist can certainly praise women -- that would be the best way for one to get laid, imho. And anyone is free to do so. But if you claim that one is superior because they can do things better, be prepared to hearing the opposite view without shouting "mysoginist!"

Some are, and some aren't!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.