Agnostic.com

8 0

Christian terrorists are quite smart

[en.wikipedia.org]

Are people glad that most terrorists are dumb & can only manage a random car/knife rampage?

If they were smart then chemical weapons would be the least of our problems.

Do you think most terrorists these days are dumb?

Lancer 7 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Terrorism is a tactic, not an ideology. So there really isn't any such thing as a terrorist, it's just a label applied to people we disagree with. And as a tactic, it varies. Since 1967 about 42% of groups using terrorism stopped after acheiving their goals and being mainstreamed into the political process. Think the IRA. 40% were defeated by police and intelligience services. 8% were defeated by war, which really should make people question the wisdom of the"war on terror." And 10% of the time they simply won. Like any other tactic, sometimes it's dumb, sometimes it's remarkably effective. 9/11 would be a great example of the later. So no, characterising terrorists as dumb is sophmoric thinking at best.

delusional , very angry [ no wonder given what the west gets up to] but thankfully lacking in imagination or extensive reading. Bin Laden probably read tom clancy's debt of honor and went HOLY SHIT what an idea !

They can be intelligent in practical, technical issues but still batshit crazy. May of the Nazi leaders were doctors.

Honestly. The nazis weren't that bad.
Japanese, Russians and Chinese were wayyyyyyyyy worse. Not to mention the USA.

but I agree they did some bad things.

the british had their moments too. try ireland and india

Wow. I'm really surprised that people know about the Japanese unit, Irish genocide ????????????

@ErichZannIII and eating them as front line rations in PNG.

No, I don't think so.

Yes. I believe there are a few smart ones that send the dumb ones out to die and kill. I'm not sure what you mean about a random car/knife rampage. Driving a car or truck intentionally into a crowd of people was not dumb at all. It was planned but didn't go as well as planned. I've never heard of a terrorist attack with a knife though I'm certainly a skilled killer with a knife could kill many people in a short amount of time.

SamL Level 7 Dec 30, 2017

Shanghai China. 1 guy killed 30 people using kitchen knives. He was smart.

Muslims drive car into people in London, kill 5 or so people.

They don't think about how to maximise the number of deaths, hence why I think most of them can barely count to 10

Your average garden variety terrorist is pretty empty headed. It's the rare one that isn't who can do real damage on a large scale. Crazy is dangerous, but there is nothing is more dangerous than crazy and smart.

With a combination of crazy and smart plus a willingness to die for their ideology it's very difficult to defeat that enemy

Nah, they're pretty damned intelligent and resourceful. What they do requires so coordination and set-up. This is the most terrifying aspect (aside from the violent outcomes).... intelligence has no affect on extreme, irrational belief. The most intelligent believers perform incredible mental gymnastics to uphold their wishful thinking. -_-

No since 9-11 I think they can be highly intelligent.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11543
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.