Agnostic.com

11 17

Let me Google that for you?

Why don't people utilize Google more often? We're on the internet, clearly, pop over and search!

I feel there are 2 types of people in the world. Those who will Google, or rather seek out info, and those who will not Google or just want to ask others to answer their questions for them.

***Or take Google out of the equation... 2 types. One who seeks out information on their own, the other who lets others answer their questions for them.

pepperjones 8 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[bfy.tw]

use www.lmgtfy.com lol

I have had arguments with former girlfriends because I "Googled her" when she accused me of something or made a claim that I did not agree with like "Your clothes are making mine rough. Wash yours alone from now on." I was able to solve the problems they were having, but they got mad at me for fact checking there claims.

@pepperjones Notice I said, former girlfriends. lol

I have a FB friend who asks questions through her posts. Every time I post that Google is her friend.

I say "Google is your best friend", if you haven't asked Google yet, don't try and waste my time.

I remember back in the day (school days that is) when doing homework, I would ask my dad a questions, how to spell such-n-such or something about a tool or place or animal. The answer was either a dictionary, encyclopedia, atlas or some other reference material.
Of course he would clarify the confusing parts and we would discuss concepts & ideas, but I learned to look stuff up, and now it's almost too easy with Google and Siri and the like.
Perhaps it's becoming a lost art.

scurry Level 9 June 25, 2018

@pepperjones I hated it too!!! How can I look up a word I don't know how to spell?!?! LOL
It would make me so mad, frustrated. But I know how to look stuff up now. Even in a library! E-Gads!

@pepperjones Right?!?! Right!!!?!??

@rsabbatini Truth!
Has saved me more than once... Given me some good ideas other times. Ha ha.

At times it's better than knowing, to have the right aqcuintance to get specific answers. Asking the right question to the right person works fine, unless the same question keeps coming back over and over again. As far as Google, great source no doubt, if the data plan doesn't get in the way

@pepperjones Google is great and there's a lot one can do on its own. I am just saying, don't rule out the possibility of asking. In the right measure, it does add value

@pepperjones Gee girl, I didn't say you did....you are "fisty" today ? (Not even sure if fisty is the correct spelling, I guess I could've Google it... I get your point, I am lazy)

@pepperjones ahhhhh..... actually the one off the mark it's me. No worries, I know when to call it a day. Peace sis

There are some people in this crazy world that don’t know how to Google.....

Ronny Level 4 June 25, 2018

@pepperjones or maybe they also have someone else helping them use this site too.

the process of exchange between people has a greater probability of carrying more info.

btroje Level 9 June 25, 2018

@pepperjones then why do humans even converse?

It is something that I have thought about for a very long time. With just a few simple clicks, any one has the most vast knowledge at their disposal. Yet Most people will use the great tool to lol a funny kitten on Facebook, rather than learn any thing.

I bought my wife an expensive watch..she was constantly asking me the time you see...
She hardly wore it more than twice...whe I asked her why she never wears it..perhaps she did not like It? She said it was beautiful..but didn't suit everyday use..only occasional use for going out etc

Then while on holidays I saw her fawning over a beautiful mercacede watch..when we moved on I secretly doubled back to the shop and purchased the watch..and presented it to her over dinner...she beamed with delight...

It now takes pride of place beside the other watch...worn maybe twice also...

She is still constantly asking me the time I would say hourly sometimes...she is hilarious....???

@pepperjones

Me too if I am being totally honest....sometimes I have murder on my mind!!

@pepperjones

Ha ha .same here..she is on her mobile phone..and she still asks me the fucking time...and 5 minutes later she asks me if she asked me the time??.. I say yes..and remind me what the answer was she asks? Add 5 minutes and go fuck yourself I say...then..she throws a cushion at my head... ?☺

Especially when it's about health issues... There's no excuse.

Right!? Please if you all are savvy enough to use this site why can't you look up a friggin' word lmao!

I wanted to post this so many times @pepperjones. I love you. 😀

@pepperjones If people didn't know it, you should have had them Google SMDH... you know, for practice! ?

Like this?... 😀
[lmgtfy.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.