Agnostic.com

38 5

What’s your Myers Briggs type?

Yeah yeah I know apparently the psychologists aren’t really using it much anymore. Either way I’m an ENFP and it sure seems like it fits. What are you?

Cadelyn 5 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When last I checked (about a week ago), I was an ENFP (Campaigner) as well. I'm active in the performing arts, amicably divorced (we're still quite good friends), a lifelong progressive, and an incurable movie buff since the age of 11... Offhand I don't know if any of those qualities fit with my Myers Briggs profile. But it is all true.

I(22)N(3)T(22)J(22) Just did a test online because I was curious about your question. Probably not my best score.

50/50 split between INTJ and INFP - "The Architect" and "The Mediator" respectively.

Let's just say I wasn't shocked. 😛

SirJet Level 5 June 25, 2018

I have taken a couple of them and have varied between INTJ and INTP.

ENFP as well. And yeah, it fits pretty well.

I have INTJ preferences. I'm certified to administer the MBTI and some other personality instruments, so will be glad to answer questions. The MBTI is an old, but still valid instrument, although I prefer those that offer differential intensity weighting (strongly disagree > disagree> neutral > agree > strongly agree) rather than the yes/no dichotomy of the Myers-Briggs. Best takeaway I can offer is that these aren't tests. (Think about it. You're answering questions about yourself. You could lie.) 🙂 They're tools to help you discover your innate cognitive function preferences. Hope that helps.

Apparently I'm a INFJ when I did the 'test' . I don't know how bogus the science is so ill take this with a pinch of salt.

It's a flawed science apparently.

Took the 16 Personalities Test just now, and the result was "Adventurer (ISFP-a)" though that seems pretty different from the test I took some years ago, but I have no idea what that result was. I don't think I hold much stock in these labels. I'm a different person depending on my surroundings.

ISTJ ... Straight talkin' son of a gun here!

Debater (ENTP-a) Which feels right to me.

ISTP

@Alvingo1

"ISTPs love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go.

"Often mechanics and engineers, ISTPs find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before."

Is this accurate for you?

@LiterateHiker Very much so!

@Alvingo1
Wonderful! Are you an engineer?

@LiterateHiker I'm definitely a "maker" and tinkerer and have always loved working with my hands, ever since I was a kid. I love fixing things and building things and figuring out how stuff works.

INFJ, definitely fits.

INFP.... now do you suppose that someone needs to be the same type as you to be a match, or are there complementary matches that aren't identical?

How does on find out without spending any money?

Here's a free Myers-Briggs personality test:

[personalityperfect.com]

INTP. At least this is a step up from astrology.

Lalo Level 5 June 28, 2018

Lol! Astrology is older, more fun and just as accurate.

INTJ. Through and through. I think Myers-Briggs is a really good place to start when trying to understand yourself better

Estam Level 4 June 27, 2018

I keep getting INTP. Not sure how accurate that is. Though most tests give me the same results.

JynxQi Level 4 June 26, 2018

I was INFP when I was younger, but the last time I did it, I was INTP. I feel like INTP fits me well.

K_M_C Level 4 June 26, 2018

I am an INFP. It is an accurate reading of my personality.

LB67 Level 7 June 26, 2018

Just took the test and apparently I am an ENTP. Not going to pay t see what tis means. I kind of disagree with the extrovert part as I do not see myself that way. I do have a learning disorder, Dyslexia and mild Tourette's, I swear, but not because of the Tourette's, I get frustrated.

The Giver

ENFJ = Extraverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging

"Extraverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition." Judging means I like things neat and orderly.

"ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others.

'ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this."

From "Portrait of an ENFJ, Personaity," Myers-Briggs.

INTJ.

I am FUBAR and I don't like tests

INFJ or INFP Counselor or Protector

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115966
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.