Agnostic.com

11 1

What does this community think of non-monogamy and/or polyamourous relationships?

Squirrel71 3 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am fine with it.
I am not seeking one but not opposed to it with the right people I guess. Really is all about the other person for me

I probably prefer monogamy but I am not locked in on it.

I prefer monogamy but to each their own. As long as people are honest about what they want and everyone is happy.

Atheists and agnostics are no different in breadth of opinion, emotion, and moral restrictions, than any other group.
But:: research indicates less adultery, child abuse, general criminal activity.

JacarC Level 8 June 26, 2018

Personally believe in monogamy. Find one on one relationships more satisfying.

If everyone agrees, why not?
But I think is hard to keep balance and make everyone happy,

It works if everyone is on the same page and are wired the similarly. It takes trust, a strong self-esteem, brutal honesty, and a lot of love. You have to be adaptable and know that things can change quickly. A person can find someone they want to be in a monogamous relationship with and you have to let them go. You might lose sexual interest and it changes the relationships. It is pretty complex yet very simple. If you think it is just about sex, then it is not for you. Having multiple options can be a plus and a minus...nobody should dive in without doing some real thinking about it.

Agree...it cannot be just about sex. It must be authentic and the communication must be next level.

Like people everywhere, some are for, some are against, some are neutral and go with live and let live. There is a poly group here. You will likely find more positive feedback/information there.

Lots of threads on here covering that very topic which you'll be able to delve in to.

Why?

@Squirrel71

I've known some people who've been burned by it.

I mind my own business.

If you're curious about it, I recommend morethantwo.com

Not against it for others. I dated a lady who considered herself polyamourous and it was fine except she wanted to consider her and I as the main relationship with occasional hook ups with other partners. Not my style on that, I am in casual relationship that last until one finds someone else, though neither of the ladies is looking at the moment. Not at all a planned or intentional arrangement. Nothing hidden though,

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116012
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.