Agnostic.com

8 11

Any other ignostics here? We seem to be a rare breed, wasn't even one of the options signing up. Ignostic means I've never seen a definition for the word God that made sense to me, it's just a ritual word people define and use as they please, with no more inherent meaning than the word Fod. I see no evidence for supernatural agency in the Universe, so I'm an athiest in the sense that a rock or a dog is an athiest. Since I can't answer the question 'Do you believe in God?' I can't identify as an athiest. I don't care what people believe as long as it doesn't scare the horses. Interesting site, enjoying myself so far. I like cats too.

Druvius 8 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Learned something new. It's a somewhat fine line or distinction. The photo/cartoon is priceless!!

I learned that term in here and I believe it fits me. I'm a cat person also. Maybe there is a correlation.

yes I think god is a load of crap

Oh shit that prophetic black cat Muriel is the funniest thing I've seen all day!

Just to clarify:

Ignosticism is the idea that the question of the existence of God is meaningless because the term "god" has no unambiguous definition.

Ignosticism requires a good, non-controversial definition of god before arguing on its existence.

I can classify myself as an ignostic in the sense that if there is no clear definition of 'god' there is no reason to bother discussing it.
The problem is, most people don't know what an ignostic is which causes me to explain it to them possibly leading to a discussion about their god and ignosticism.
I just usually go with atheist unless we're really diving into the heavy stuff. 😉

I think it is fair to say that I am an ignostic atheist. When I ask people to describe what they mean by god they have different, and often times contradictory, incomprehensible descriptions so I don't believe it.

I don't see the term ignostic used much and haven't given it much thought until now so thanks for your post.

We welcome all freethinkers. Ignostic makes sense to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.