Agnostic.com

4 0

I was wondering what everyone's favourite musical group/band/composer/artist is? Also, why are they your favourite, and what would you say is your favourite song/piece by them.

I would have to say my favourite band would be Muse, with my favourite song being "Map of the Problematique". The major reason I personally love Muse would probably have to do with the singers voice. I find he has an absolutely lovely and talented voice. The instrumentals of the band are almost always on point, especially the guitar work, I personally find anyways. I could probably go on, but that is the gist of it.

chrisbojin 3 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My favorite artist is Chris Botti. He is one with his trumpet, listening right now. His sound is just very moving.

My favorite musical artist today is Alanis Morissette (I have some old favorites -- the Beatles and the Doors, but I've listened to their music so much that I'm kind of burned out on them). I especially love Alanis's earlier stuff, (the albums "Jagged Little Pill", "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie", and "Under Rug Swept" ). She sings well, with sensitivity and emotion, and her songs often show a concern with the problems and complexities of human feelings and relationships. Her lyrics show her to be an intelligent and sensitive human being.

My favorite song by her is "Joining You". The song deals with despair, suicidal impulses, who and what we are as human beings, questioning "mightily", and the need to find like-minded companions. It's a heavy, rocking song which rolls along very powerfully.

Favorite band or group is and has always been Queen. I do vary in my overall music tastes but I find that there are few artists that can keep my attention for the whole album. Music has been a safe haven every time. Queen has just always been my go-to in my childhood and even now. I was introduced to the band by my cousin when I was 10 and fell in love. I like their ability to write lyrics that resonate as well as compose a good rock anthem (although not a huge fan of We Will Rock You ironically enough). My favorite piece by them is “I Want It All.” I related entirely with the adventurer in the lyrics and have the mentality of all of nothing.
I like Muse too though! Good song choice as well 🙂 Mine would have to be either Uprising or Psycho.

My favorite band is Alesana
When I first heard their music it was different, a refreshing mix of screaming, metal and clean vocals with a long complicated story spanning 3 albums and a book!
They are very talented and make every single song different from the last.

Going to be checking that out.

I kind of burned out on the Coheed and Cambria influenced stuff about 10 years ago, but these guys definitely do the screamo/ prog/ metal mash up thing quite well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11648
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.