Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Supreme Court says crisis pregnancy centers do not have to provide women abortion information - The Washington Post

I agree with the dissent on this. IF the state is required to make a doctor tell a woman seeking an abortion about adoption services, then why should not the reverse be also required? But these days religious liberties "trumps" all.

BookDeath 8 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ooooohhh, you used the "a" word.......frowning, armed, uniformed people coming to your door real soon!

As a former RN at PP I am appalled that we have to fight this again!

These good people would rather a child be born unwanted and go through the care system. Whether this system damages them or not, is of no consequence to them.

It sounds to me as though they should just go after these centers on fraud and intimidation, and shut them down. Or don't let them operate at all. Or the state of California could put an actual notification out of vandal-proof hardware outside these centers and also similar places (actual clinics). It doesn't sound as though this decision addresses anything of the sort. And I don't see how these centers could fight it.

bingst Level 8 June 27, 2018

I am quite fearful of the majority of the SCOTUS. I hope RBG has many good years left on the bench and I hope she arm wrestles Gorsuch to the floor

I guess you've heard about Justice Kennedy by now.

@BufftonBeotch this news is really terrible. Did the Republicans plan to set up The Perfect Storm?

@AmelieMatisse
This feels nearly bad as waking up Wednesday morning after the election.

I seriously almost called in sick to work.

Google it I guess

This made me physically ill this morning. Those places don't have actual medical professionals to give advice.

These centers that try to intimidate should be widely publicized.

People should be handing out literature with the truth on it outside these centers outside them everyday just like the zealots are.

This is the last stand of the religious right beforr we're finally rid of their BS altogether.

godef Level 7 June 26, 2018

I truly, deeply, fervently hope you are right about this.

@pashaonenine There may be more hard times before it does, but its inevitable. That is, if we don't Darwin ourselves before then.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.