Agnostic.com

18 2

Are You A Resgistered Voter and Exercise Your Right To Vote?

Are you Registered to vote? Considering the state of our country, are you going to Get registered to vote? Do you vote in the primary and Mid-Term Elections?

No matter what side of the aisle you support, we should all make our voices heard at the voting booth.
Yes, the electoral college map currently favors the GOP but nothing is forever!

[vote.gov]

• 60 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
twshield 8 Dec 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I vote in all elections. Having worked at the polls for 5 years I also understand it is not just about the quantity of voting but the quality. That means knowing what you are voting for and not voting for something you know little or nothing about.

I think you mean 'general elections', not 'primary elections'?

Gary Level 4 Jan 2, 2018

The upside of trump maybe the apathic Americans will be motivated to become engaged enough to work towards changing the make-up of the Senate and Congress. I am a cautious optimist. Alabama was a very nice moment.

I became a citizen in 1999 and the first thing I did when I got citizenship certificate was register to vote....Grew up in Brazil during military dictatorship and had never voted...

Vote early, vote often.

I also register voters in Arizona.

Good for us! ..and good question 😀

Varn Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

I voted "I Am A Registered Voter Who Vote In Primary And Mid Term Elections" but the reality is I vote much of the time, but I do miss from time to time.

Surely we should acknowledge that the reason we are in our current situation is that over the years the DNC has worked their way into the pockets of the big money lobbyists in the same way that the GOP have. With the internet and such, more people have become awoke to the corruption in our government. What is particularly sad is that even after the truth came out about how the Dem party/CNN tilted the GOP primary in favor of the "pied-piper candidate" Donald Trump, and tilted the DNC primary in favor of Hillary Clinton, is that the DNC is not very interested in admitting wrongs/changing, and CNN continues it's machinations of brainwashing, with center stage being their plot to convince the American people that possible Russian intervention had an impact on the election. What is even more sad is a large number of American people have fallen for it. This is very telling to the state of intelligence our species has fallen to. Money is the root of all evil.

What message are you trying to send with a prefess like ‘the DNC is as bad as the RNC?’ And ‘the corruption of our government’ … what government - city, county, state or federal..? All government, that both consists of and represents us, is bad? ...and everything wrong with the Republican party and their current president is the fault of the DNC..? And if ‘money’s’ at the root of it … why’d Republicans pack the Supreme Court with justices voting for ‘Citizens United?’ Such vast and daming accusations cannot be supported by ‘rabbit hole’ answers … and that’s a serious pile of accusations ~

I happen to both parties are corrupt to a large degree. The super rich and big corporations have bought many of our elected officials. Americans have become apathic an ill informed. The media has not helped educate the voting public having sold out to the ratings game. IMO

I'm a registered voter with no party affiliation, so primaries aren't available to me (in New York) — but that's fine, because as far as I'm concerned the parties are private clubs putting forth their nominated representative as candidate for office. As a non-member of their club, I don't feel as though I should have a say in whom they select. But I vote otherwise.

Fuck all that. If they want us to support their candidate in the general election, they should let us help pick them. 🙂

@bryan1079, but that would mean that everyone should have to have the right to vote in every party's primary — unless you always vote party line. But if I don't have an alignment with any party's ideology, why should I get to pick their nominee? I have no objection to them putting up their representative for consideration, but they always have to work for my vote — I'm not pledging it via party allegiance.

@evestrat: Put your hands in the air and wave them like you just don't care (about partisan politics — as there ain't no party like a political party, 'cause a political party don't stop).

I, a child of the '60's & '70's, & politically active at the time (& still managed to do a term of enlistment in the USN), did not ever register to vote until Obama first ran. I still don't know if it makes a difference or matters at all. I really don't trust politicians in general, of either party, but lean left as a rule, especially because the right, so often, backs religiously biased legislation.

There are slightly more Democrats than Republicans, so the R’s continue to suppress voter turnout - then rally their own with some hot-button issue. They vote, we don’t. And when ‘government gets worse’ under their ..leadership, they convince voters that ‘government’s bad!’ … so you won’t vote ..while instigating their side (again) with some hot-button…. See the pattern? Be safe, vote for Dem’s 🙂

Not only do I vote, but I also seek elective office at the state level.

You all need to shame me into getting off my arse and vote in the Mid Terms, although I am highly motivated this year after the last year of that ass-clown in the WH.

godef Level 7 Dec 31, 2017

@Tecolote Trump coming into office may turn out to be the best thing that could happen to galvanize the left and sway the independents.

Thank you for admitting that… I’ve long wondered why it is I’m not simply ..non religious - but Atheist!? Then wonder if that’s the difference between making whatever effort or sacrifice necessary to make sure I vote, or not..? I’m not motivated by the ‘civic duty’ aspect of it, but the ‘now’s my chance to do something’ aspect! Yes, I tend to run on passion … with a little to spare - so vote 😉

Hopefully we have legislation to abolish the electoral college.

The whole idea of the electoral college was to keep stupid idiots from getting into the White House. Well, it's failed miserably, so yes, time for it to go. It's been evident this century that the right has jury-rigged the system to their advantage.

After a lifetime of paying attention, assuming after some major system fuckup ‘That’ll be changed!’ It isn’t. Why? Because the ones who benefited from it are in power - and not about to change the method that put them there... Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, but haven’t much say in the matter 😟

Yes, I vote. Without question. Those who refuse to participate in the political process are doomed to be governed by their inferiors.

And sadly, even when we vote, the inferiors still win...

an uneducated electorate = tyranny by the masses. treat your public school teachers better

I vote. I want a say in all things that concern me.

I vote in all elections. I live in the state of Pennsylvania where I'm registered for no political party so I can't vote in primary races but every single year I show up at poles to vote on everything from judges to dig catchers to Congress to president

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11718
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.