Agnostic.com

12 0

Do you think that getting buried is taking up precious space ?

Axlefoley 6 June 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes.

Very much so.

Not if you dig a hole and throw the body in it naked then cover over it. Let it rot, why waste energy to burn it.

There’s a debate about that in one of my FB groups right now, but focused on one person refusing to respect the wishes of another. Personally I think it’s weird and have asked to have it all given away - to people, to science, to whoever wants it. When I’m done with it, they can have it.

Yes ! cremate and fertilise the earth with ashes.

Probably, but we should encourage more use of cemeteries with walking tracks, picnic areas, playgrounds etc.

Coffeo Level 8 June 27, 2018

Whenever I see a cemetary, I think....hmmm....that would make a nice park. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that it would not become a parking lot. I think cremation is the best option for several reasons. So, yes....I think dead, buried bodies take up precious space.

maybe but it could also be a way to preserve open spaces

btroje Level 9 June 27, 2018

Yes! I like the idea of someone's ashes being made into a tree.

Yes

Yes. I've read it is. And I was going to be cremated until I heard Neil deGrasse Tyson speak about his funereal plans. He will be buried because then his nutrients enrich Mother Earth and all it's slithering creatures. I really thought cremation would handle that...

When my wife died 9 months ago the funeral homes wanted $4K or more,money was tight,so my stepson and I donated her body to science,she was later cremated, and ashes brought back.I've some near me now,a reminder of her life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117302
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.