Agnostic.com

13 4

LINK 5 dead, several 'gravely' wounded in shooting at Capital Gazette newspaper in Annapolis: Officials

"President Trump has been briefed on the shooting", said White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all that are affected," Walters said.

Comments: "Thoughts and prayers" (actually a white lie, whoever says that is being insincere, has done neither) seems to be a kind of guilt discharge, nowadays, and an excuse for doing nothing of concrete to solve the gun problem in the USA. How religion is hypocrite, with their "prayers", like it would be a good thing for the relatives and friends of the deceased"

rsabbatini 7 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not a supporter of the idiot who occupies the presidency. However, "... an excuse for doing nothing of concrete to solve the gun problem in the USA." Is a meaningless platitude frequently uttered by the anti-gun collective. What exactly would remedy the fearsome "problem"?

Oh...wait. I read your Bio and found that you are not an American citizen therefore, I have no interest in what you have to say about American politics just as you would need not consider my views on Brazilian politics...never mind.

Trump doesn't have any thoughts, other than about himself. And he's never prayed in his life!

I fucking hate AmeriKKKa.

Love the headline.

ugly Level 7 July 4, 2018

I begin to think it is the USA's strategy for population control. China had the one child policy.

Makes me crazy when people throw those 2 cent words around social media....
Yea, well too bad their loving god couldn't have prevented this...... among the other atrocities in our world. O_O

Exactly what you said too: the folks didn't do either... think about the victims or pray about it. Yea I'm sure the friends and relatives feel much better now that thoughts and prayers were thrown around..... Sickening.

Nothing to see here. Just a white guy blowing off a little some steam. Now let’s focus on the important topic which is keeping out the thousands of muderers and rapists streaming across our Southern border everyday who are infesting our country and targeting white, Christian girls in Sourhern states.

@rsabbatini This post was sarcasm.

@TonyMacaroni kinda loses it's impact when you have to explain. But I suppose we must allow for cultural differences

@MsDemeanour In the United States, straight white men (like me) kind of get a free pass. In fact, President Trump has a huge base of support from White Nationalist groups. So, when a when a white guy does something like this, President Trump will respond with the low key thoughts and prayers, BUT if a brown skinned person would have done, he would have gone on the war path. If the person had been an immigrant, he would have called on stronger immigration policies.

God moves in mysterious ways; much like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever!

Lo, see how the seeds of right wing media hatred bear fruit. 😟

Yea was gonna say where was their god today??
Tired of the 'thoughts and prayers' non-sense....

There has been alot of thoughts and prayers going round in the U.S.

Coldo Level 8 June 28, 2018

Nothing new here. Sadly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:117986
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.