Agnostic.com

3 0

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

...At one point in my life i had thought i knew.

ChrisFrost 5 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because the mad garter says so!

That should say hatter, not garter lol

Quoth the Raven.

Ah..the Mad Hatter probably didn't know either.
One solution proposed in a newspaper: "Because one is good for writing books and the other better for biting rooks"

...I really wish I could recall what it was I had then understood might have been the reason...but now that i'm older i'd have to assume thinking in the time of when it was said wouldn't be a thought in the ways things are now... one thought that keeps me from making anything sound is that the thought came from a mad man... but what is "mad?" Manic? is it you can fly off with words and stories? ….Stan Lee had said something like every character he created was from him. Don't quote me but that's what I recall. Threw my days I keep seeing this and in my own writings I have used it much the same way. I think maybe when the mad hatter sees the writing desk he sees it as a the bird.. Still What was it of that bird that was in his mind to think the desk was as such?

[io9.gizmodo.com][object%20Object] I liked this read on it.

@ChrisFrost Old England felt hat makers used to suffer from erethism mercurialis, a neurological disorder they got from using mercury to prepare wool for making felt.

But Lewis Carrol contemporaries recognized the character in the novel as an eccentric local furniture dealer, Theophilus Carter, on which the book illustrator, Sir John Tenniel, was instructed to base the Hatter's picture.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.