Agnostic.com

6 2

The damn word "so"!

Does anyone else get thoroughly annoyed by people who start almost every sentence with the word "so"? So, I went to the store . . . So, here's the thing . . . So, usually I like to . . . So, when are you . . . So, Monday looks . . . It drives me up the wall!!!

RobLawrence 7 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know a woman who says "so I did" after every sentence that's in the first person and "so it is" after pretty much every other statement. That gets damned old very quickly.

JimG Level 8 June 30, 2018

Funny how verbal habits come and go.

In the UK, in the 80s (I don't know about elsewhere), there were a few years when people used 'knowhorrahmean' as punctuation when speaking.... Every sentence would end with that, even if there was nothing said that required knowing about. "I went to the shop, knowhorrahmean? And there was an offer on for Mars bars, knowhorrahmean?'

Gnaaaah! Drove me nuts!

Me too.

So, that's your problem.😀

Nah uh...I use it often. 😀

Nah......Maybe I haven’t experienced incessant use of it.

“Like,” on the other hand.....ugh.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.