Agnostic.com

26 5

Social Experiment

What would you do if you were put in a situation where you had to choose to spend one day with one individual. The first you had known for years but has been known to treat you badly quite often. Or the second person who you just met but during the time you have spent together has treated you with kindness and respect?

Cbabcoco 6 June 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The first situation describes marriage..the second person sounds like the person you are leaving the first person for.

This is the Winning Answer!

I choose the first one if I can beat them to death as part of the experiment.

The new person unless there's more context to the old person

The second, no brainer 🙂

ipdg77 Level 8 June 30, 2018

Can I go with door 3? The one with no one behind it?

Because a lot of people make their decisions out of fear. People will choose number 1 because they know them and make exceptions or excuses for their behavior. They will say that they are just having a bad day, or they got their temper from their father.
With number 2 they don't realize it but again they will make their decision out of fear. I don't know this person.....why are they being so nice to me? What are their motives, what do they want?
Think about it. The majority of you just made a commitment to spend an entire day with a stranger because they were kind to you and treated you with respect having no idea what the rest of the day would entail.
Does that truly sound realistic?

Think about it again tell me if you would REALLY choose number 2.

I would choose the second. But I’ve also been told that I’m too trusting, too naive. I’m an open book, and that’s just who I am. I refuse to live my life in fear.

What if there are no alterior motives?

I don't have time for BS. I don't care how long I've known a person, if they don't treat me well, I'm not going to waste my time. The person I just met won't be a stranger for long. But I'm the type of person who can talk to anyone so I'd be fine. And if they turn out to be someone I don't want to spend my time with, it's only one day. Don't be afraid of someone new! Break out of the rut of familiarity and don't sacrifice yourself for the "safety" of someone you know.

Is there really a choice here? Lol. Nice is so much nicer, even if it doesn't last.

t1nick Level 8 June 29, 2018

The new one, you already know the old bastard so the possibilities are endless with the new one. Kindness and respect wins out always.

New person. 100%

The latter, without a doubt.

I'd be wondering how the hell I got involved in such a social experiment

Whichever one likes dogs and the blues the most. Probably the first because if he didn't like dogs or the blues we wouldn't have known each other for years!

No 2

Depends how much I like either person. I have a Person 1 in my life who is still a good friend and I'm fond of him, but if Person 2 is someone I get on with instantly then I'll take them just for the fresh experience of getting to know someone new.

Realistically though, I'm not a hugely sociable bunny, so Person 1 is likely to be my choice the majority of the time.

You catch more flies with honey. I'll take option number 2 as well.

The devil you know, rather then the one you dont. I'll take number 1.

dellik Level 6 June 30, 2018

Awww. Lol. I’m no devil.

@Cbabcoco lol =) we are all devils, on the inside 😉

The second.

2.... obviously?

Number two

The second because if we had hit it with mutual respect and he was the new kid on the block I would be inclined to want to learn more about him!

Definitely person 2

2nd person, easily

The second person, it's not rocket surgery.

Easily #2

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118780
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.