Agnostic.com

15 1

Library or Coffee

Sadly the people of the world have come to the conclusion that the only way to eliminate the ? alien invasion is to meet their demands. The aliens have given the people of the world an option. They can either give up Libraries or Coffee. Once the decision is made though there is no going back as the aliens have a death ray pointed at our planet. If we try to create the one we one we didn't vote for the aliens will end us all. What is your choice?

• 12 votes
  • 25 votes
McWalsoft 6 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Define library in this context. Or do the aliens not define it? I'm thinking about unintended consequences, such as the inclusion of digital libraries and software libraries.

Libraries. Quick! Scan all of the books that aren’t in pdf format!!!

OOOHHH NNOOOOO! Coffeee and a book from the library I know my human rights - give me coffeee and a book and no one gets hurt!

jacpod Level 8 July 10, 2018

Libraries get the nod from me. Knowledge via books is too precious to throw away.

This is one area Utah has perfect, most libraries have a coffee shop inside. Finding a bank with free coffee is difficult but libraries and coffee go together like thinking and atheism.

With libraries we can learn to make new coffee.

I voted for libraries, but am rather fond of both. It seems I am part of a dying breed.

Neither. 'Better to die on your feet than live on your knees!' - The marvelous Mexican revolutionary Emile Zapata

That is the cruelest choice imaginable! Who could possibly live without coffee and libraries? I'll opt for the death ray!

I like coffee, but I'd rather have libraries, given this silly choice. But how would we expect humanity to come to an agreement about such a thing? (And it might be easier to organize coffee speakeasies than library ones 🙂 )

Reading online or e-books doesn't compare to a real book.
There are thousands of coffee alternatives.

I have never been a drinker of coffe. You do know tea goes along quite well with reading.

I enjoy coffee a few times a year, but books are worlds. I can toss a few smashed beans boiled in water over knowledge, imagination, and inspiration.

Learn to grow another bean with the library books

Simon1 Level 7 June 30, 2018

This is such a hard question for me, but I think I love coffee too much. I have to do away with the libraries.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:118960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.