Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Rape - Wikipedia

If I were raped, I would be afraid of seeking justice and going through the justice system.

I would be afraid of my character being assassinated by the defendant's legal team and of my clothing being held up in the court room to confirm my moral compass.

I would be afraid of retaliation from the perpetrator's friends and family.

And I would be afraid of ever talking about my experience in the future for fear of being labelled promiscuous or a liar.

Ellatynemouth 8 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well then we will just have to take justice into our own hands. Dear ladies. Stop being ladies & learn how to hurt several men at the same time. Once you learn self defence life is alittle easier on the stress hormones. We are conditioned to be gentle & sweet & not offend in order to get a man. Women must learn as children to defend themselves. They are taught to have a man around to protect them. A brother, a father, a boy friend. I have talked to fathers with little girls who couldn't understand why the system didn't work to prevent a stalker or an assault on their daughters. The system is not proactive. We as women must protect out selves & teach our children how to. Most men don't get it. They don't get that we are prey. & women have to learn it is ok to defend yourself by inflicting a great amount of pain upon their assailant regardless of the police in the past recommending you don't fight back. Learn how & use those skills.
My father experienced WW2 & few Americans know that during our occupation of France, rape of French women was so endemic that De Gaulle had to appeal to Eisenhower to stop the carnage. Seems Americans thought that if French women sneezed it meant that they really wanted it.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Unfortunately, while the justice system continues to view rape as something that happens when a man is so overwhelmed by how sexually attractive he finds a woman that he simply can't control his urges (and that, guys, is another reason to support feminist arguments for a major change in how rape is viewed and prosecuted: the - incredibly elitist - legal system really does think you're that stupid) rather than understanding that it's a way men who hate women attempt to assert their power over them and express that hatred, the situation isn't going to get any better.

Jnei Level 8 June 30, 2018

Or that she sneezed in an elevator meaning she really wanted it.

How sad that our system creates this injustice.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.