Agnostic.com

12 4

Rev barbour

I understand he is a preacher, but i love this man and fully support his work. Do you think atheists and agnostics will accept him or not because he is christian. [medium.com]

Kojaksmom 8 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here in Australia there is a wonderful Anglican priest called Rod Bower.
[facebook.com]
He always speaks out for fairness and is sometimes quite a thorn in our current very conservative government's side. I wish all Christians were like him.

My dad knows him personally 🙂

I luv him too, A frequent guest on MSNBC he doesn't prosthelyze like other ministers.Wise respected man.

I don't care very much what people call themselves and what they call their god(s). I care how they behave. A few years ago I had four major surgeries, went through misery. Kindhearted people gave me practical help and visited me. They were atheist, Jewish, Christian and Muslim ... wore atheist tee shirt, a cross, a star of David or hijab. They were there for me when I went through hardship. I trust kind people - makes no difference if they believe or not believe in god(s).

SKH78 Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

Barber came to Minneapolis to speak about his work in N.C. I respect him. Got a chance to meet him and thank him for the work he does. He is a pastor but welcomes atheists, agnostics, Jews, Muslims, etc. to join in his Moral Mondays movement. He preaches religion in his church but respects non-religious people when he does organizing. Religious people who apply their beliefs to Human Rights are fine with me.

SKH78 Level 8 Jan 1, 2018

I find it hard to accept people who are convinced that my proper place is eternal torment in hell unless they save me. I am not saying they are not capable of good and proper actions or that their actions cannot be good for the world, but I don't accept "him."

Do you know that’s what he thinks?

No. I know that the bible says my proper place is hell.

Reverend Barber is a good man. Judging him for his religious orientation is no different than judging him for the color of his skin. If you can see with your heart, you will see a very brave, smart, and kind man.

skado Level 9 Jan 1, 2018

Hey, it only matters how you feel.
If he isnttrying to grab your money or control your mind..

I recall that Bertrand Russell said something like: "It never fails to amaze me, in the center of nearly every town an village in England you will find a man on horseback, commemorated for his special skill in homicide. Millions are available when it comes to war and means of mass destruction but only a pittance is available for medical research."
Of course, war is big business. Oddly enough, you never see those who advocate it on the front line, the politicians, the businessmen and the generals.

Mmmm.... Not sure. Although I appreciate what he is trying to do I wish he could do it without the "moral crusade" bit.

Good people do good things regardless of their religious bent. That said, I support his campaign to eliminate inequality and poverty.

I’ll have to check him out. I can’t speak for other atheists and agnostics, but I don’t care what people believe in, as long as they’re not threatening or pressuring me to believe how they do.

I think some will and some won't. I've burnt my high speed data, but when it returns I'm gonna look him up. Never heard of him.

Also,would you mind given Kojak a little love and affection on my behalf? 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.