Agnostic.com

9 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

America is fraught with right-wing Christian atrocities based on their mythology and warped sense of reality.

Good article - we should absolutely talk about those things hundreds and hundreds of years old, while at the same time also recognizing that it's even much more important (since it actually affects humans now, today) to talk about the daily and endless death, maiming, destruction, misery, rape, slavery, and torture which has been meted out by Islam's relentless jihad for 1400 years straight, and is still going on to this day, day in and day out, all over the world. www.thereligionofpeace.com

The article is also patently absurd in its claim that the Inquisition (in any real / violent format) is still going on to the "present" despite its laughable and illogical attempt to explain the truth of that claim. So it loses a lot of credibility for that reason, unfortunately.

Thank you great read.

Shall we start by the beginning...I mean, the III century?

I totally agree-more people were slaughtered by more Christians in the name of christ than any other religion. The Evangelicals are trying to change the US into a "christian" country - they are the purveyers of bigotry and hate.

The new jesuits....

Not true at all. Christianity is a horror show, but Islam (the various caliphates) have killed far FAR more than Christians - the muslims killed about 120 million people in the Indian subcontinent alone, in the name of Allah / jihad, in the 700-1100 CE time frame alone, to say nothing of the millions and millions more killed by the caliphates elsewhere both during and since that time. www.thereligionofpeace.com

And let's not forget that the Crusades were a direct defensive response to hundreds of years of relentless jihad (enslavement, genocide, etc - that's what jihad is) on a much much larger scale by the muslims / caliphates - take a look:

thank you for the link

They butchered and mutilated-Sad American history. Shameful.

Yeah. I took think a course in North American Indian history in college. It was an eye opener.

I took several anthropology courses that dealt with all the tribes too.

I took courses in cultural anthropology, psychology and sociology. I quit all of that for philosophy.

My B. A. was in sociology lol-maybe we should chat sometime lol?

From the piece: "It’s important to remember that no one religion has a claim on moral superiority, but anyone claiming that Christianity is less violent than Islam is a graduate from the David Barton school of Alternative History World building."

now I am going to have to learn about David Barton.

@btroje He's to history what Alex Jones is to current events.

@Druvius that saved me considering upping my hypertension meds. THanks so much

Well that depends on how, precisely, one defines 'less violent' - certainly many many more millions have been killed in the name of Islam than Christianity - we know this - 120 million in the Indian subcontinent alone, in the 700-1100 CE time frame alone. So in terms of numbers killed in the name of a sky daddy, it's no contest - Islam is far more violent and dangerous historically. However, maybe there's some kind of valid argument that qualitatively, the violence of Xtianity was worse somehow.

So by the measure of "who's killed more people in the name of a sky daddy" .... well, I have no idea who David Barton is, but if that's what he's claiming, he's certainly right and his school is the one teaching the truth. It's not even a close call. Here's a taste of the genocidic horrors of Islamic caliphate conquest throughout the centuries - including approx. 400 million Hindus: [themuslimissue.wordpress.com]

Danny; the above citation's numbers seem high to me. Do you have other substantiating sources of info.?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12064
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.