Agnostic.com

9 7

LINK List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

Amazing at hwo often such predictions are made... and even though they never come true, people will still believe the next one.

snytiger6 9 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Crap, I missed the last on and the next one isn't until 2020.
:/

One guaranteed apocalyptic date that's definitely coming up soon is my birthday.

Another year older. I hate birthdays.

pardon my english... fuck wikipedia.

I quite fancy getting into this "apocalyptic prophecy" lark. I think I might have a go at thinking one up and see how far it goes.

Jnei Level 8 July 2, 2018

Careful... that is how the 7th Day Adventists started.

@snytiger6 I've always thought I'd be a pretty good cult leader.

@Jnei I wouldn't. I just lack that sense of entitlement that would let me do all kinds fo selfish deeds to take advantage of my followers.

The answer is always "it's just around the corner".

Thanks., Now I can prepare.

I figured out a long time ago that what we think is going to "get" us probably will not. Therefore why predict it. We will be blindsided by something we do not see coming. Weather your mate days goodby or the asteroid hits. Most of these people who predict the end time are delusional or out for the notoriety.

that's "says goodby"

Well they did it for centuries and and I'm sure they will do it for centuries to come. Wonder if there is a record where someone called the flood way back - oh wait, Noah did that right? LOL

The true prophets...until they're not...we've been waiting for a long time! I've been through quite a few. Why is this always dismissed? Seems like sooner or later they would realize it's a myth just like the rest. But there's no end to the excuses why it didn't happen yet!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.