Agnostic.com

53 10

What makes you break out your soapbox?

Sometimes on the topic of religion, I can get carried away and not even know it. My husband says "OK, you can put away the soapbox now" to cue me in that I've started ranting about it. My brother purposely tries to prod me into standing on my soapbox with issues like separation of church and state.

What topics get you standing on a soapbox? (Purposefully or not).

silvereyes 8 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fluoride

It's poison! it should not be added to the water supply!

This is a great topic, in my opinion. My two main triggers are the war in Viet Nam and marijuana. The two are tied together in time, and by one evil, vindictive man. I managed to escape Viet Nam because of marijuana. I'm reasonably sure I would not have survived since I would have been a 2nd Lt. leading an infantry platoon. Damn. That sentence still makes me a bit woozy. Marijuana, legal now in my state, would have been legal many years ago except for Nixon getting it classified as a schedule one drug, which killed research and gave marijuana a stigma and a legal status it didn't merit.

When someone tells me that I can't do something because of their religion. That is not how how religious fredom works pal.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12109
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.