Agnostic.com

27 4

The old debate rises again! (or closes again)

I'm now in my seventies, and I still don't know why women have such a "thing" about guys leaving the toilet seat in the up position. The most common reason I've heard is that women are fearful of inadvertently dunking their bottoms in the chilly water when they get up, all sleepy-like, in the middle of the night. Now, from my perspective, why is it so difficult/annoying for anyone to take a moment to adjust the position of the seat to accommodate the particular performance anticipated? I mean, we gentlemen (I assume a lot) don't gripe about having to lift the seat after a lady has ceremoniously (I was going to say, "prissily" 😮) closed it. What's really going on here? Once again, inquiring minds want to know. I'm thinking double standard right about now.

RobLawrence 7 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My x husband never did put it up in the first place so that was actually worse.

MsAl Level 8 July 3, 2018

I was raised with three brothers, so the position of the toilet seat is no big deal to me.

Let's continue to be petty........ How do you want your toilet paper positioned? 😛

The most important question of all! Exactly. Let's get our perspectives together!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:121567
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.