Agnostic.com

33 10

How would your perfect dating profile read?

Mine would be, female seeks mechanic / carpenter with plumbing and building skills for long walks and "other", must have a dog ?. ?

Josephine 7 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seeking woman with boat who likes to fish. Send picture of boat. Otherwise my present profile will suffice for my purposes.

Right now I'd be thrilled if I found one that read, 'lesbian, lives in Puget Sound area.'. ?

Read mine, laugh and understand why I'm an introvert.

Ib would look for your profile to tell me more about you.

Everyone should watch the movie "Full Disclosure"

My profile says it all.

Very nice. I have 4 dogs! I'm an extrovert but I spend a lot of time with myself, reading, doing assignments for school, watching good movies, attending events at the University, and pet sitting.

I like to see these things, or something equivalent:

1. "Very rational thinker"

2. "Enjoys academia"

3. "Feminine"

I also like it when I come across a woman who is earnest. That is a seriously undervalued trait. Dating formalities can get too layered and drawn out, it pisses me off when too much posturing is required to land dates sometimes.

Now, if my profile were perfect, what would it look like? It would probably be the same one, except it would mention an esteemable and well paying job, ample investment revenue outlets and a graduate degree in something difficult. Oh, and I could be less fat. But that's it, I don't really give a sh%t about mentioning my hobbies. In fact, I don't even see hobbies as a lfiestyle thing. Once I master an activity, I speculate on the next thing, and that's it. Humans are not definite, so I am not going to pretend that I am definite. I'm hundreds of billions of neurons in a body that has a degree and manner of influence on those neurons.

If I know something is cool or whatever, I will affirm and may indulge in it, and that's it.

@Josephine

I guess as long as you avoid a political or dictionary definition, you'll have an accurate idea of what "feminine" means (which I think is a strange question to have to answer, since we are both english speakers).

The perspective of biology, neurology and psychology is pretty solid on how female hormones and norms affect their behavior. I won't get into the lengthy nuances of female behavior, especially when it's 2018 and these discussions have been held ad nauseum since late 2014 to early 2017.

This is an old, over-iterated topic, okay?

The term "feminine" is just a way to aggregate aspects of identity, it doesn't have to carry some underlying, unrelated personal view on how one sees each gender (and I can assure you that I probably view gender and the self in much more depth than others, I have read enough into this topic. I haven't mastered human biotypes yet but I still know to use them when people-reading.)

@DZhukovin At the same time, what does "feminine" mean to you? Many traits are coded as feminine in our culture that are sometimes contradictory. Girly? Motherly? "High-maintainence"? Shy? Social? It's surprisingly non-specific. You have your idea of what you want, but many will read that word and think precisely what they want it to mean.

@Ellievescent

Lol not an issue, thanks

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:121570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.