Agnostic.com

15 3

What’s one thing that a religious person has ever done to make you very angry?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

think i am a Sinner because of what i look like, what in wear!!

Angry and sad: Dragging your kids through a store screaming that --whatever the hate of the day is--are going to hell. Because, you know, only they know of love. Making what should be about love only about exclusion because you believe ancient and medieval lies, because you fear a non-existent enity.

Talk about Jesus at my grandfather’s funeral instead of talking about my grandfather.

This I have seen, esp at a Catholic funeral.

Constantly bringing up god and jesus.

Oh yes! That’s the most annoying things. That’s one of the reasons my boyfriend quick talking to his mom about things and me instead. She always brings gkd into everything.

Deny that Islam is insanely oppressive towards women 😟

That we fear extremists instead of asking things like 'Why do you fear and hate women?' Or 'Why must you defend "god"? He can't kill his own blasphemers?"

Bang on my door to ask me if I had a minute to talk about jeebus. 😈

My dad is a structural engineer making a 6 figure income. I was talking to him about Exodus 21 and he tried to equate his job to slavery. That made me sick. And I once pointed out to my mom that in revelation 6:13 it says that in the end times the stars will fall from the sky and land on the earth. I told her that in order to even write that sentence means the writer doesn't know what those things in the sky are. After fumbling over herself to come up with a response she said "they could've been talking about helicopters"..??? WTF! It's so disturbing how people can be so stuck in their beliefs that they will make the most insane excuses for what's in their holy book. And it's extra sad when it's your family.

So been there. The bubble is impenetrable.

Try the embrace of Trump by major evangelical leaders!

OMG--haha. That is so sickening--and fearful.

Oh yeah... my dad. He was always looking for forgiveness in the bible and tackling me on what i thought every time i came over. He was one of those that found some sort of answer in there to justify his actions then see if i knew the answer when i came over. Asshole!

Left me on the hook for a $100,000.00 loan that the church failed to pay the measly $1000 interest payment on. I tithed many times that amount! As a widowed mom of two, the $ would have had to come from my kids' college fund. I was shocked that this was done to us by so-called church friends.

Zster Level 8 Jan 2, 2018

It's a business... don't take it personal they say... it's all business.

Esp the megachurches. They have no shame putting "charity" money into themselves and still begging for more--even from the dupey poor in their little rooms. They're so anti what Jesus taught and no one notices?

Just the simple fact that they can talk about you all they want but the first time you question them, they act like you done committed a sin. They think their religion should not be questioned but they have no trouble trying to push their beliefs on you. That's OK and acceptable. You questioning them is not.

This one guy, uncle of my friend, grabbed my arm cause I was helping my friend to where to go in a game I never played. I got pissed and stormed out of the house. Is it just me or should you not put your hands on someone else's kids. Also after that I wasn't allowed to hang out with him no more so I would assume he played the satan card x-tians love so much.

My first mother n law... she got her church to lay hands on her son until he threw up to get rid of a demon.... if i would of known that, I would of beat the hell out of them. I had already left this church. They would send groups of women to your house and scream and holler and cry. They call them Pentecostals. Scum....

So many sects of any religion just make up their favorite things for control and the sheep bow down. Humans are weird.

There is a special place in hell for "Christian" parents who throw their gay children out of their homes.

Or it could still be illegal or a death crime.

He / she attempted to convert me.

Damn! I hate that sh*t! Why don’t they just leave us alone!

@EmeraldJewel Because they have been brainwashed to do so.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12201
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.