Agnostic.com

5 4

QUESTION FFRF blocks Alaska city giveaway to church 

“It’s a fundamental American principle that citizens may not be taxed to support a church,” says FFRF Co-President Annie Laurie Gaylor. “We’re pleased that the majority of Sitka City Assembly members nixed this very bad idea.”

bryan1079 5 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually, if might not be a bad idea if (1) churches could only tax their members, (2) could not receive any additional funds from any source -- including tithing, and if (3) the church were required to have nothing to say about politics in any form.

Actually, in Germany, the Federal government ask citizens what religious groups they belong to, and if they belong to a denomination, they are taxed a certain amount and the taxes are given to the denomination. Atheists pay no such taxes. Tithing is not common in German denominations. The result is that church income is more modest and the church tends to play a lesser part in German society.

FFRF, is just under the devil in Michigan politics.

"under the devil"?

good work

Sitkka? Did Sara Palin have anything to do with this?

don't say that name.

hiss

@spiderwolfmoon I heard mention of MIchelle Bachman today

[cnn.com]

Bachman wants to runforFranken's seat!!!!

@btroje and @sassygirl3869 what are y'all trying to do to me today? Brb, going to bleach my eyes lol.

As it should be.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12304
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.