Agnostic.com

16 2

Where would you fall on the line of agnosticism?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

classification doesnt really interest me

I don't care much for labeling and falling into a category but Atheist would be the fit.

Non of the above. The idea of god or gods does not make any sense and according to the scientific method of gaining insight and understanding, there is no reason whatsoever to even consider the idea of god or gods. I am an atheist, not an agnostic.
An even better way to describe my attitude would be, gnostic atheist: I think it is possible to know abiut the likelihood of the existence of gods and i am certain they do not exist.

I'm just not interested

For me, it's a mix of agnostic atheism and ignosticism — though in regard to some specific gods, like Yahweh, I'm a strong atheist because I have a solid understanding of the origin and actively disbelieve.

Agnostic Atheist

The only one that might be close is agnostic - atheist for me. For a label, would use atheist, godless pagan, humanist for myself. Don't believe in god, don 't mess in our nest as we live here, and like bonfires for solstice, planting and harvest time, and my humanist group is a good place for an atheist to be with other atheists and have good discussions.

I am very open minded and with full knowledge that I don't have all the answers. So I accept people the way they believe to be more comfortable with. Just be and I will be too.

I don't really like it as a spectrum.

I sort of hold several of those beliefs at once. I believe that we can't know about the existence of god unless we are actual true witness to god. I feel like that's supremely unlikely enough to never worry about it. I also believe that god is poorly defined anyway, so that makes it even harder to know if there is a god since any god would have to meet all the criterion that a god would meet, which we don't have. and I believe that all of my beliefs are irrelevant to fact, so whatever anyway.

I'm not agnostic about God in the same way that I'm not agnostic about fairies. There is no evidence for fairies. I'm an A-fairies-ist. There is no evidence for any God. I'm an Atheist. My position is quite clear.

I'm ignostic, have been for years. Nice to see it included. 🙂

Atheist.

Thinking old school atheist was terminology that described anyone that was not christian. So at one point Hinduism Muslims, Jews and polytheism etc were all considered atheist. The word agnostic was termed nobelief or doubt everything that is not explained through science and common sence. So without a flicker of thought the existence of a deity disintegrates at the inception of the thought.

strong agnostic

Agnostic atheism.

I think the myth of a big omnipotent male entity in the sky and his white male heir born without benefit of sex is one of the biggest scams ever pulled on the human race.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.