22 1

Dostoyevsky or Nietzsche ?

Who would you rather have as a dinner guest ?

View Results
By GrandInquisitor
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

22 comments

Neither. I choose Nietzscheyevsky, because why not both?

DZhukovin Level 7 July 5, 2018

I guess I’d have to provide dinner for the translator, too.

Hermit Level 7 July 5, 2018

Definitely not Nietzsche because he'll probably speak as loudly as Zarathusra did in Ricard Strauss' composition. Perhaps Dostoyevsky - if he's already served out the Punishment for his Crime. But he would have to promise to leave the Karamazov brothers at home...

Krish55 Level 7 July 5, 2018

Neither.

Ellatynemouth Level 8 July 5, 2018

Neither. Dostoyevsky is too religious, and Niettzsche is too "uber-mensch".

tnorman1236 Level 8 July 5, 2018

I read both in my youth. Hands down I would rather have dinner with Dostoyevsky. I would love to hear him talk about what inspired him to write Crime and Punishment. If I could talk to a philosopher, it would choose Albert Camus.

rickpowl Level 2 July 5, 2018

Depends who brings the better wine and eats the least!

Krish55 Level 7 July 5, 2018

I voted for Nietzsche because I’ve heard a lot more from him vs Dostoyevsky. But either would make for interesting conversationalists.

Leo716 Level 6 July 5, 2018

Nietszche. After some strong hits of sativa, we would be lost in a sea of beautiful decadence.

Sapio_Ink Level 6 July 6, 2018

Neither. I would rather have Hermann Hesse.

wordywalt Level 8 July 5, 2018

I always wanted to ask Nietzsche why he was so hostile to Darwin's theory of evolution, which he misinterpreted - imo. During the dinner I could try to clarify that misunderstanding and show him that Darwin's theory and Nietzsche's philosophy are a perfect match.

Matias Level 7 July 5, 2018

Because he stood with a dieing horse and was so encumbered by the beating of the horse, that he went mad from the ordeal.

Etre Level 7 July 5, 2018

Nietzsche is a joy to read but I don't know if I could cope with a conversation over my treacle tart and custard dessert!

Geoffrey51 Level 7 July 12, 2018

Dostoyevsky, despite the religious overtones and his erroneous belief that all morality comes from god

CurtisHall Level 4 July 6, 2018

Not particularly intellectual or relevant - but one of my first dogs was named Nietzsche.

HabanoSun Level 4 July 6, 2018

Nietzsche because I don't speak Russian. smile009.gif

Ozman Level 7 July 5, 2018

Im biased havent read any Dostoevsky so i voted for my boy Friedrich

Quazi Level 6 July 5, 2018

And then the other as so much learn

Cristinasamana Level 4 July 5, 2018
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!