Agnostic.com

14 2

I know it's summer right now, but I was just wondering . . .

Do you tip or provide a holiday gift for your mail carrier.

• 6 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 13 votes
RobLawrence 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve never met or even seen my mail carrier nor do I even know if it’s the same one all the time and all they bring is junk mail and bills. The bills I already know about and pay online and the junk mail I don’t need, plus it’s unneeded impact on the environment … Other than a birthday card from my sister I think it’s bordering on obsolete.

We were facing a postal strike a few years ago. The negotiating was breaking down and the deadline nearing.
I gave a gift card and a note telling them I hoped everything worked out.
Got a thank you note. I think the gesture and kind words was much appreciated.

They are not allowed to accept gifts from patrons.

No. I do not think it's appropriate as that occupation is not tip dependent, like wait staff, et al.

No.
I don't get gifts for the guys who pick up the trash, either.

We don't tip in the UK.

@RobLawrence

Unfortunately Royal Mail was privatised a few years ago by the Conservatives. The service has since declined and prices have increased. The poor postal staff have been given junk mail to deliver on top of their normal mail.

Luckily there is a chance of Royal Mail being renationalised should Jeremy Corbyn win an election. If Britain had remained in the EU, the EU would have blocked the Royal Mail from being renationalised.

It's nice help out your fellow man or woman. However, the mail carriers make like 6 to $10 more than I do. Why do you think a book of 20 stamps is $10.

PO BOX

I usually get him a gift card from the Subway near our house because he delivers mail around lunch. and can stop in to get a bite to eat before doing more deliveries. I do it because he puts my packages inside my garage and he once brought my dog home when he wandered out of the yard. It's not a lot, just a gesture of thanks.

I always think about it, but, by the time I'm done getting presents for the family, all I have left is enough to by him Snickers bar, the small size one.

I don't know how much they make. However, I have left a gift in the past but not currently. I now have a PO Box and they don't deliver.

Do you?

No, without comment. I don’t know whether they make enough.

Well, I suppose I’ll kick it off. Mail carriers in my state make $17.50 an hour starting off. Which is almost $8.00 more an hour than what I make. I’m still polite to them and greet them most days though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.