Agnostic.com

20 2

Food you abused!

What's a food that you once abused by eating/drinking way too much of it? During my childhood, I drank whole milk at the rate of a quart a meal! I also consumed Hawaiian Punch at a pace that, by rights, should have rotted all my teeth! During my college years, each and every lunchtime found my chowing down on a cheeseburger and fries from the local diner. Such gustatory excesses have, thankfully, disappeared from my life, and I now follow a low fat, vegan eating protocol. What food/drink did you once overindulge in? Oh! I forgot to mention my inability as a child to stop eating canned black olives until there were none left!

RobLawrence 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Twiglets I don't kn ow if you have them in the U.S I was totally addicted to them they are like knobby twigs with baked on marmite- my other favourite was cheeselets little one inch squares of cheesey crackers .I alos ate ovatine raw by the spoonful.

jacpod Level 8 July 15, 2018

Pepperonis straight out of the package!!!

@RobLawrence lol ikr! I had to give them up cause it was either that or stay unhealthy.

Pickled onions, shallots and gherkins - if I open a jar, I empty it too.

Jnei Level 8 July 8, 2018

@RobLawrence That and a range of alternatives. Over the years, however, I've developed immunity and can consume an entire jar of pickles without any ill effect!

French fries with gravy...I went to HS in the Canal Zone...we were allowed to leave to get lunch, so we would go into Balboa to a cantina and order this just about every day...I now only eat French Fries if I am traveling by car out of state...

@RobLawrence We need a YUM emoji....lol

Plain soft sliced bread. I could eat half a loaf in a day.

I think as a child, cheese was a go-to. Cereal was also a go-to, I abused the hell out of that. Now it's tuna because I'm lazy and don't want to cook.

When in my late teens, I could eat more Pizza, Pasta, and ice cream than most of my male friends, and I didn't gain weight; as I got older I stopped eating very much but then started gaining weight.

Pizza--and boy do I miss it. 😟

Mea Level 7 July 6, 2018

Mountain Dew. They could show definitive proof that Mt. Dew causes cancer and I would still drink it.

I may be the only person in America that doesn't like watermelon. I don't remember it but my mother told me that at a picnic when I was young I ate so much that I got really sick. Whether the story is true or not, for as long as I remember I've disliked watermelon.
Lol I guess. Other melons are ok.

You're not the only one - watermelon is vile

I live in a town that just literally had a 2-day watermelon festival. And I hate watermelon.

@Akfishlady The mistake most people make with mushrooms is cooking them. Raw in salad - they're remarkable. 🙂

Frozen pizza, those cheap ones. I used to eat a whole one 4 to 5 times a week some years ago. Have not eaten one for a long time.

Triscuits and Ranch Dip

Triscuits and Ranch Dip

Ramen noodles...so many Ramen noodle....

Been so long but likely not long enough 😉

@Slartibartfast trufax

I have no restrictions on my diet. I just happen to eat everything in moderation naturally. This includes meat.

That said, I used to be guilty of eating entire packets of custard creams within five minutes.

Beef, ice cream, cookies, chips (crisps), and fried anything.

Sugary foods.

I was once a Mountain Dew addict - sometimes 8 cans of that poison everyday!
....now I have been completely soda free for over two decades :- don't miss the stuff....and won't touch it again.
I avoid anything that has High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspertame, and Sucralose...those are all poisons!

Tahitian Treat soda, spaghetti O's, pimento cheese, and salami with cool whip. I never said I had taste as a child... ???

Like you, I didn't have a single food that I ate to excess, I dined on many things to excess. I finally decided to stop.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123338
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.