Agnostic.com

8 2

Pushed into atheism..

Is there a specific event in your life that pushed you to atheism?

CodyMack 4 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was born an atheist and pushed into religion. No one is pushed into atheism. I realized that religion was b.s.

"Pushed in to atheism" is not a good perspective as I actually pulled myself from the darkness of superstition into the light of reason.

Like everybody, I started as an atheist. Folks made me go to church but I never really drank the religious cool-aid.

But to answer your question what event moved me to value evidence based reason over make believe?

After analyzing the contradictions between what the church was teaching me and the way these "stories" contradicted reality, I figured religion was a BS mind control game adults used to control what kids did. I was in early grade school when I figured that out. However, it wasn't until I was much older that I came to the scary realization that many children did not grow out of religion and some actually believed in the supernatural (magic).

Was born an atheist and pretty much stayed that way. I was forced to go to church as a kid, but luckily the church asked my grandparents to stop bringing me because it was clear I wasn't paying attention and when I did, I was nonstop with asking questions.

Fantastic! Nothing like a child asking questions to road block authoritarian ideals! More of you in the world please.

Being born with a free mind and the inquisitiveness to explore and make personal assessments. This has encouraged agnosticism not atheism.

No, just never paid it any mind... did the Holliday things out of culture, tradition and family but never believed in a God. They had me going longer with the Santa Claus thing.

No, i’ve never had god in my life.

Learning of the Holocaust.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123397
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.