Agnostic.com

13 4

Does it seem like the categories are meaningless? And what do the levels mean. Does anybody really care?

Melind 6 Jan 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I rather like the points system myself. No it won't change the world - it's just sort of fun. No competition. Good incentive for folks to actively participate. If you don't like it , you needn't pay attention to the numbers - yes ?

And as the site grows in popularity - which it seems to be doing - categories help to organize the daily incoming posts which cover so many different subjects.

Why not just enjoy the features you like ?

Categories or categorization is useful in placing something in the appropriate class or category. For example, if you had a mechanical problem with you car you would take it to a mechanic because the problem belongs to the class or category known as mechanics. Therefore, you do not take your car to a baker as the problem does not belong to the class of category known as bakery. Scrutiny of some subject matter may reveal that it has been placed in the wrong category for a variety of 'reasons'......

I think the categories are very helpful. It gives something to select for subject matter on what topics we are looking for to add things or have questions about, etc. Yes the levels are important. It shows who is active on here and if there are trolls out there, they won't be on here long. Admin has a method to their madness and it seems to be working.

This site has far less scammers than traditional dating sites because of the levels. They have to invest time -some lower levels drop off. The categories are for you to pick subjects that mean something to you. We do care.

The levels let you know how active someone is and the tags have definitions. I found the definitions somewhere I can't remember. Inwoikd imagine it would be really helpful to someone that is just getting out of religion...especially if they have been in a religious bubble and still are scarred the devil is going to get them. As for caring...ehhhh....id care more if I got cool powers or gear when I leveled up lol

various truths of the universe are revealed at higher levels .just wait

@btroje Shhh... not everyone knows this is the Church of Agnosticology founded by R Don Bubbard

@SteveB I see comments I approve for viewing at a higher level. THt is all I notice

There are a couple of things to be concerned about. "Points" internalize he participation as rewards and importance (ranking/hierarchy). Another is link/classification. Had you noticed the Twitter hashtags? They are linked to the words, usage, and emotive tone of the words. We are sequestered, collated, sexed, and tracked. Welcome to the Terrordome.

I find that looking in the categories, I am able to find...things on those topics in there. Am I not doing it correct?

Do you really want to chat and share your opinions with other atheists/agnostics human beings? That is what levels are for. Categories are separating politics from me talking about anime in the random and fun category.

We live in a slotted society. goal and achievement driven. Entice you to be Participant and not just an expectator. Contribution helps us all. What gamer don't like to Level Up?

I though perhaps once you reach the upper level you become an Elder of the Community, referred to as Brother Bill or Sister Mary, keeper of the sacred writings....... Hey wait a minute, I'm having a reality check, where am I again.......??

@MsOliver lol

With each level that I climb I feel like I'm a step closer to becoming super skeptic man.

Don't get too hung up on the points/levels as they are mostly just a way for us to keep scammers away. Thanks for the question! You can read more on the FAQ page (see link at the bottom of every page).

Also, categories are a work-in-progress. We're working on a way to use a combination of categories and tags.

Admin Level 9 Jan 3, 2018

anything that keep scammers away I am for it.

how does this work with scammers?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.