Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK AP Report: U.S. Army is quietly discharging immigrant recruits | PBS NewsHour

Can the army afford discharging recruits?

SAN ANTONIO ✈ — Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

“It was my dream to serve in the military,” said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. “Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.”...

Lukian 8 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Army shoots self in foot.

So... support our troops... but only those who look like your voter base?

We're still doing it wrong. We're inventing new ways to do it wrong.

wrong

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.