Agnostic.com

5 12

An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Knitfreak 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kinda funny that the concept of a hospital was developed by the Hospitallers, who where Knights Templar during the crusades....let's hope we never totaly conquer disease, destroy poverty, or eliminate war, because then we will have to find more creative ways to curb our population. Think on that one and shiver. Lottery anyone?

I agree. These are the things I believe in and the results I want to see. I call myself an Atheist, a Secular Humanist, an Antitheist and a believer in science, reason and ethics.

This was beautiful. And an atheist (Humanist) also wants good done instead of any hurt. Good without god.
But, sometimes, life can get too hard to bear - then, the step into death would be an acceptable choice for me.

PEGUS Level 5 Jan 3, 2018

I agree wholeheartedly.

This atheist sounds like a humanist.

I hate that label because it sounds specific and people have ready made excuses to disregard the thoughts of "secular humanists like...[insert author here]", but I do support what the term was meant to mean. Atheist is a much broader label, so it requires people to engage with me to discard my thought in a public forum.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.