Agnostic.com

15 4

Are you entertained by illusionist and magicison shows?

I know that it isn’t real, but unlike religion, you are informed that it isn’t real and is only for entertainment purposes only and for people’s satisfaction. I must say I am quite a big fan of these types of shows. The Sacred Riana is extremely talented and she never disappoints! She’s a Indonesian Native from Jakarta, Indonesia.
For anybody who doesn’t know who she is, and is interested, here is a link if you would like to get to know more about her or is interested in watching. Meanwhile, just leave your feedback below.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love Penn and Teller - atheists. Also Chris Angel. James Randi is an illusionist also. These people are expert at debunking televangelists, psychics, etc., because they know their tricks. I can't explain how they perform their elaborate "tricks," but I know they are not otherworldly.

Then there's Uri Geller...Randi debunked him decades ago.

When I can't figure out how a trick is done I'm both frustrated and entertained, but most of the time I can figure out how it's done, so it's a let down. (Too many years of being into it, as a teen, so I learned many of the tricks which are used & built upon still)

Yes, I enjoy being tricked.

yes it's clever but not magic

I love it! I feel like my younger self when I watch it.

Not since childhood… and not that much back then.. Seems my extended exposure to nature has me looking more for natural wonders than man made.

Varn Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

No, I've tried to be impressed but the fact that we all know it's just illusion makes it impossible for me. I have absolutely not interest in "magic". I'd rather watch people dancing.

Magic shows, or Illusionist shows for entertainment are fine, as long everybody knows it is to entertain people. Where I draw the line is psychic communicators and alike often use the same tricks to fool people into believing they are talking to "the other side". Its fraudulent and they often prey on people's emotions, sometimes people who are grieving for lost ones. No time for this nonsense at all.

Nope. Not a fan.

I watched a clip of this strange girl somewhere.

I love magic shows, especially slight of hand tricks.

I become absolutely mesmerized with magic shows of any kind that are good. I could watch it forever. Especially street magic. I love it! I know in my brain it is all fake, but it’s amazing to me.

I love them, because I marvel at the ability of the illusionists to redirect your attention. So when I watch it, I try to figure it out and almost never do, but hey, it's fun nevertheless!

IKR! It’s like trying to figure out how to put together a rubic’s cube. I’ve yet to complete one of those things lol.

@EmeraldJewel haha I just now started the cube. Following some strategies I found online

I have seen this one and it continues to blow me away,, Love love illusion and magic.. It is one who knows how to fool the standard wiring of the human brain, Where to insert the illusion is the key to knowing when the brain is not focused of that event,

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

I certainly enjoy magic/illusion shows on tv. I am fully aware that there is no such thing as magic but I sure appreciate the talent of those clever people who show us that magic can be done. I just wish I knew HOW it is done!

NZVee Level 4 Jan 3, 2018

I agree!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.