Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Too Many Atheists Are Veering Dangerously Toward the Alt-Right - VICE

I'm more worried about the far right than I am about religion...

And the far right is giving atheism a bad name, so we must speak up and challenge toxic narratives when confronted with them. I have seen too much that here already.

Ellatynemouth 8 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Correcltly answering the question "Does God exist?" doesn't bestow virtue. Nor does inccorrectly answering the question bestow vice. Hate speech should be challenged in all groups and is especially worrying in group leaders. I prefer to be in a movement that includes progressive believers than to band together with allsorts who happen to answer one question in the same way asI do.

...the fuck is he doing with that pen? O.o

That's frightening...

With all due respect, I am just not falling for this one. Part of being an atheist involves the appreciation that we have more in common, that falling in to cliques divides us. There are of course these types in every group, anywhere. But our strength is accepting differences. Unlike religious teachings.

You're not "falling for it".

So it's all a lie?

@Ellatynemouth my gut says this is not a serious "trend" that I should be concerned with.

@Switchcraft

I sincerely hope your gut is right, because the more I read about this subject, the more worried I feel about the future of organised religion.

Disgusting ?

Coldo Level 8 July 7, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:124760
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.