Agnostic.com

7 4

One way to save the environment; Should we?..

sassygirl3869 9 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I lived in Africa for 15 years. Where I lived, there was no such thing as a trash dump so trash was everywhere. Some countries are already outlawing plastic bags and we should follow suit. Again, America is a follower, not a leader.

I try to live plastic free, so I'd be happy to use those bags.

As an environmentalist I learned that the real issue is saving humanity. We do not live sustainably. It is more important to save the environment in order to save our species. Perhaps if the issue was framed as such more adamantly there may be a chance to save our children's children and save the environment inadvertently.

Kevbo Level 4 Jan 3, 2018

Plastic is one of the most ubiquitous and harmful materials on Earth. We should do everything in our power to ban as much of it as we can and to recycle that we can't ban. But, as usual it is complicated and big money'd power is against it.

We have a great recycling facility here and almost all plastic was recycled and sent to a facility in China. However, more and more of some items were dirty and someone once a bunch of dirty diapers to the plant and that put an end to one type of plastic material (I think it was bags) There was a note from our recycling place (which, as with most else here, is run by volunteers) about this issue and the cause and effect.

Quit littering, have certain designated areas to smoke, cut back on fossil fuels, and look towards clean energy

Unfortunately, no one will do it unless it's cost effective.

Absolutely...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.