Agnostic.com

37 4

Long distane relationship..

How many of you are willing to date long distance if you know the Person on the other end is genuine?

• 39 votes
  • 25 votes
  • 25 votes
HariKrishnanM 4 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I answered maybe, but it would be REALLY difficult for me. I'm a physical, affectionate guy. I enjoy being near the woman I'm dating. But if she truly sparked my interest, I'd want to try.

I voted "maybe" but the person would have to prove pretty amazing, and the long distance part would have to result in some relocation. I would have preferred to vote "Unlikely."

Deb57 Level 8 July 8, 2018

I want too much attention from my fella for us to be long distance. I have tried before. It just doesn't work for me.

I'm a older woman liberal atheist living in the reddest state in America. I am also a realist, therefore I've determined that long-distance is probably my only option.

My other half and I were together for several years before he took a job that required him to move cross country. At the time I was taking care of my disabled father and could not follow. We texted constantly and visited each other frequently, but it was damned hard. I sometimes don't even understand how we ended up making it work.

I was able to move to be with him after two years, and things were good again immediately. I admit I wondered if that would even be the case, if perhaps we'd grown in different directions and that was why those two years had been so difficult. Nope, it was just the distance - we're as close now as we ever were. We will not be attempting long distance ever, ever again. Where he goes, I will follow.

If it were guaranteed to be short term and one or both of us had solid plans to shorten or eliminate the distance.

Maybe but likely not...

My boyfriend lives 3 hours away and we usually see each other e/o weekend. We met via an online dating site, but I honestly wasn't putting that much effort into him initially because I was dating a couple of others who lived close. I wasn't keen on dating someone who lives 3 hours away. But I'm grateful he was persistent because he is amazing and we're super happy! I seriously didn't know what I was missing before meeting him and am thankful for the lessons learned from marriage/divorce that led me to him. I have the luxury of working from home, so we're planning on me starting to stay with him for longer periods of time this month. We both find my telecommuting very convenient if I end up moving there which is what we're working towards. So I say, if someone is looking for the same things in a relationship as you are, give it a chance!

I would, if I were "on the market". And did, when I was.

But I'm in the fortunate position of being a 100% telecommute, who can make the "long" in long distance go away when I want to.

I prefer texting,sexting, phone relationships. I gave up dating sites, work odd hours,had too many bad experiences with men, don't have much of a social life so it's a great alternative. Unfortunately most men who would get involved with a woman only through texting phone calls and sexting are married.

Speaking from experience, long distance relationships can be really tough, but they can also be worth it if the person you're dating is great.

I would certainly be willing, it certainly takes extra hardships to do successfully and I would plan towards cohabitating at some point with any long distance partner.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:125304
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.