Agnostic.com

35 4

Men Or Women? Which Of The Two Is Most Intelligent?

Let The battle of the Sexes Begin!
Who do you believe is more intelligent and why?
There is an overwhelming amount of articles online suggesting one gender is more intelligent than the other.
Please give me your honest answer and explain why you believe your answer.

• 5 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 37 votes
twshield 8 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's no need to limit ourselves; we have plenty of stupidity to go around.

I said men, my view would be that like all things in life, our body/minds are geared to work differently. So it depends on how you judge intelligence. As far as learning new things, working things out I would say men as the "y" chromosome seems more geared to change/ Remembering things and how to do things I would say women. I am happy to be totally wrong. I built my hypothesis in the fact that a woman's ovum are formed the genetic variation is limited and not impacted by the females environment, whereas males make new sperm continually with more genetic and more importantly epigenetic variation affected by environmental changes. Over simple explanation I know.

I'm saying women, for at least two reasons. Females have had longer to evolve And there must be a reason why males have always tried to use religion or pregnancy or force to delay female progress.

how have women had longer to evolve

@btroje because in the beginning there were only women, then one of them had a male child....... oh wait, I think I'm making up a new religion....

Although poorly written: [abcnews.go.com]

“The controversial—and still unsettled—question is whether these patterns mean anything to intelligence or behavior. Though popular culture is replete with supposed examples of intellectual and behavioral differences between the sexes, only a few, like higher physical aggression in men, have been borne out by scientific research.” [sciencemag.org]

Generally, I would hypothesize that the answer to the question depends on the type of intelligence. The differences in brain physical characteristics, I’m hypothesizing, correlate to some kind(s) of brain mental output.

My mama once sayd "life is like a box o choclits, ya neva no what you gowna git"........MALE OR FEMALE! 🙂

women have always been more complex and capable of handling more varied tasks. guys are there to procreate and fight. very simple are we.

This question is stupid for so many reasons...

I don't know about this question. What I do now, you probably need to seek medical aid

Binary gender bullshit for the not win.

Are we going to define intelligence? I prefer to discuss Aptitudes for different things. I think women are better in general (statistically) than memn on some things, and men are better than women (statistically) on other things. Men are better at fishing? Women are better at talking? I'm good at tongue in cheek!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12570
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.