Agnostic.com

10 5

Has anyone ever read "The Incarnations of Immortality" series by Piers Anthony?

A very entertaining and interesting take on deities in general.

wecoyote6969 5 Jan 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Another 2 books that may be of interest, fiction-wise: "Towing Jehovah" & "Blameless in Abaddon" by James Morrow. In the first "god" dies & his huge body lies in the ocean & must be towed by a supertanker to an ice cave in the Arctic where the angels have made a crypt (they charge the Vatican with managing this effort). "Blameless..." follows thru after the Baptists (I believe) have retrieved the body, brought it to FL as an anchor to a religious theme park. "God" is charged in the International Court with high crimes so is towed to the Hague & put on trial. The humor, as well as the insight, in these books, is entertaining as hell! (so to speak!)

Great set, interesting take on "archetypes" & well written with a good sense of humor.

No, but I will look for it now, I thought I had read almost all of his, great stuff.

Long ago... and loved them all! Though, the book on Time was... twisted. I fondly remember Death and the interesting perspectives brought about on Death and conviction/belief. It's been too long for me to get into details but not so long that I won't say read 'em if you got 'em! 🙂

I love all of his work. I have that whole set. I also have a lot of his other works. He's one of my favorite authors.

Duke Level 8 Jan 3, 2018

I love how after the first 5 he was going to quit and the fans pretty much bullied him into writing a book for Satan and a book for God. Both of which were AMAZING!

Piers Anthony is one hell of a writer. I read several of his books back in the nineties. The man's imagination is awe inspiring.

I read the first three, then I ran out of steam.

I admit the second book dealing with the incarnation of time was a little hard to follow. Then again when you are dealing with time and paradox I can't think of a single example that wasn't confusing.

Didn't read it. But speaking of a take on deities in general, anyone read the Discworld books?

I have read most of them. I started almost 20 years ago with Soul Man, followed by Small Gods. I believe Witches Abroad is my favorite.

Yes! Years ago. A great series. And by the way, he's agnostic. 😀

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:12590
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.